Jeff Lee Submission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Lee Submission

Good friend to AAFO, Jeff Lee shot a few and sent them up so that I could post them here for him (Jeff, we really gotta talk about getting your signed up as member )

So, here they are, with the text of his original email

Frankly, I think they look just fine in comparison! Especially to my shots this year!!!

***Begin Message By Jeff Lee***

Wayne,

Since I'm not "registered", I figured I'd just e-mail them. Of course, they're not as great as the one's you guys shoot, but it's my little contribution.

There's one of MissA in the air, and a couple in the pits. Brent's spray bar went out on lap 3 and he fell back after leading early. The others are form the Heritage Trophy area. The Zero and the B-25.

I'll try to send more tomorrow.

Your friend,

Jeff

***end message***
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Jeff Lee Submission

Jeff,

Don't be so humble, you're pics are great!! Not being there is killin' me this year, so the more pics that get posted, the better!! To all you lucky one's that made it out, please post more photos for the rest of us!!!

I know the Unlimited Gold is just about to run...GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!

FBK

Comment

Forgot to mention....

That Zero looks GREAT!!!! Those guys did a great job!!! They've got my vote for the Heritage Trophy!!

FBK

Comment

The Zero is impressive. It was fitted with a P&W to make it operational. I'm certain Gerald Beck is proud. It would be so nice to see it fly. My only disappointment is the lack of a Corsair. My darling of the air is nowhere to be found, not even static. Loving the races regardless.
        Salute!

Comment

Jeff,
          I don't know if you'll see this..but the photos are great.

To others, the Zero did not win. The B-25 won People's Choice award.
          "Heavenly Body" was one of many used for the movie "Catch-22". The owner bought it in 1972 and the crew has done a marvelous job in it's restoration. Look for this plane and others down at Nellis this year at Aviation Nation

Great to see you again, Jeff. Tyson, if you're reading..great to see you, too. Looking forward to Nellis and resting up!
          Wayne, take care.
          Connie

Comment

It's great to see that the B-25 won. It's been a tough road for the crew and owner. The owner had a heart attach a few years ago, they lost their insurance shortly after finishing an engine/prop overhaul and the plane didn't fly for over a year. The first time I saw it fly again was shortly before I moved back east. I did a final flight at VNY in March and saw it take off then. Having been on the inside of the plane as they were finishing the restoration (and a couple times since), it's a great pleasure to hear they got much deserved recognition.

Comment

Working...
            X