Weather/Wind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather/Wind?

Just Curious, I see in the 5 day forcast that Friday and Saturday are supposed to be pretty windy (25-35 mph) with possible showers on Sunday. Don't care much about the showers, but was it windy today and did it/will it affect the bipes and F1s much? I know a few years ago it played havoc on some of the bipes. Someone (Patti Johnson???) had to shoot 2 or 3 landings before finally getting down.

Anyway, IT DON'T MATTER MUCH since I'm leaving tommorrow Oh-dark-thirty. Maybe see some of you guys tommorrow afternoon or over the weekend!

(Sorry Wayne, this must be pretty hard to take. I've been a wreck all week at work just because I wanted to go NOW and not wait until Friday! But, Just think how much sweeter next year (or even Nellis) will be!!! Glad to hear you're getting close to over with the treatments!)

TomL

Re: Weather/Wind?

Originally posted by TomL
    (Sorry Wayne, this must be pretty hard to take. I've been a wreck all week at work just because I wanted to go NOW and not wait until Friday! But, Just think how much sweeter next year (or even Nellis) will be!!! Glad to hear you're getting close to over with the treatments!)

TomL
    Tom, actually, I'm *just* sick enough to not really be that "broken up" about it like I was earlier this week. I'd had the weekend off from treatments, 4 days in the hospital getting transfusions, heavy duty antibiotics etc, I was feeling pretty darn healthy and ready to travel anywhere (ahh.. a good Mom knows.. "he *thinks* he feels good enough) true enough, This last week of the "nukes" has gotten to be really tough... so, anyway, I'm missing being there to the extreme but, a good nap and a dark room to take it in becomes pretty valuable

NOW... Nellis, Walkin on yellow lines, gettin M-16's aimed at me, not knowing what/where/who I'm supposed to be with at all times.. I'd not miss that for the world! (I'm kidding really, the AF guys are great Nellis is a really advanced base with lots of cool stuff that sometimes, you're not supposed to look at.. once you understand that, it's all happy times

Off to Reno with you and have a ball, spend lots of money and make the city fathers happy!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Weather/Wind?

Wayne,

We just watched the early morning news and they're talking about increased winds this afternoon, even up to 30mph gusts. What's worse is clouds moving in starting Saturday, and Sunday could even see showers. One guy even used the "S" word. (Snow for the upper elevations) I've got to get all of my good video shot today and early tomorrow!

It should be interesting to say the least.

Hope to see you soon,

Jeff Lee
      World of Wings

Comment

Working...
      X