Reno Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Results

I have it from a very reliable source, that Merlins Magic requalified at a better speed yesterday. I am wondering why it was not changed to reflect his better position???? I also know that Ridge Runner has qualified and he was not on the boards with his time?????

Re: Reno Results

Originally posted by Sparrow
    I have it from a very reliable source, that Merlins Magic requalified at a better speed yesterday. I am wondering why it was not changed to reflect his better position???? I also know that Ridge Runner has qualified and he was not on the boards with his time?????
    Sparrow, I'm not there so I can only guess from past experience... Griffon Girl is getting the results, as posted out back of the ops area of the RARA hangar. Sometimes, the folks who do the chalk work are behind the curve and stuff is not exactly current. It gets a bit better when they start going to printed stuff and NAG does the delivery... but bear with GG, she ALWAYS does a really great job with what is a real drag of a job... that being transfering names and numbers onto a spredsheet...

My hat's off to her, I've done it and unless you can do well with numbers and symbols (the 10 key part of your computer) without looking, you're sunk... It also helps to have at least some of your short term memory left....

If there's corrections, they'll show in later updates I'm sure..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I figured that the boards were not updated at the time that the new quals were check for you site, I was just wondering if you had heard anything new. This site has been great not trying to be a complainer. Keep up the good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow
        I figured that the boards were not updated at the time that the new quals were check for you site, I was just wondering if you had heard anything new. This site has been great not trying to be a complainer. Keep up the good news.
        Sparrow, I didn't think you were being a complainer.. I'd like to know also.. at the moment (just talked with her on phone) Griffon Girl is out taping someone's biplane up (she's having way too much fun!) and I forgot to ask her about updates... In year's past, the over the door lists have been fairly not up to date.. In the timers minds, I think the only people who care at that point are the racers and there is little formal effort to get out the results as fast as possible..

This, of course, will change 180 degrees overnight and there will be the daily pairings, results, etc... At some point, out of all this, we'll get the proper, updated, official qual results... I'll give GG a call later (when I build back up enough energy to do anything cancer treatment is sort of funny in a way, your body becomes sort of like a battery.. take too much out too quickly, ya gotta go to the charger (couch) for a while or just take out too much in any way.... back to the "charger" again... there is no resisting it, it's like a "power" that rules you... maybe some are stronger than I, but that's my plight... that said... I hear my low battery warning beeping in my ear... back to the charger!!!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

I saw you're list of T-6 qual. results on aafo.com. Looks like they're short on racers this year as I had expected I did not see any results for T-6 Race 12 "Thumper." I know they're out there (I'm supposed to be out there with them ) No listing for Mary in 2 of Hearts either. Would you please try to get an update on these 2 teams.

Thanks,
          FBK

Comment

Originally posted by Fly-By Knight
            Wayne,

I saw you're list of T-6 qual. results on aafo.com. Looks like they're short on racers this year as I had expected I did not see any results for T-6 Race 12 "Thumper." I know they're out there (I'm supposed to be out there with them ) No listing for Mary in 2 of Hearts either. Would you please try to get an update on these 2 teams.

Thanks,
            FBK
            FBK, you're at the mercy of the same time/distance thing that we all are here... that and what's put up on the boards outside the "Room of Hard Benches" for the results...

I'm sure Griffon Girl will check in with some updated stuff soon... hopefully before the Warlock Party.... which, I would DEARLY love to be going to tonight!

Wayner
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayners,
              I'm right there with ya! Randy called me last week to make sure I was going to make it to the party. But a slight back ache turned into a nasty kidney infection and a 105 temp on Friday. I spent the weekend in the hospital, the Doc said I was lucky to make it out without brain damage, much less at all! I'm hoping to be able to make it up on Sunday, at least. The whole time my thoughts were with you. I guess it's not so bad knowing your not the only one that's missing all the fun. Next year we're both gonna have A LOT of making up to do! I've been trying to get ahold of Randy, but no luck so far. If you talk with him, let him know why I was a no show. AAFO is probably the only bastian of info I'll have this year! Thank you!

Race 29
              Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
                Wayners,
                I'm right there with ya! Randy called me last week to make sure I was going to make it to the party. But a slight back ache turned into a nasty kidney infection and a 105 temp on Friday. I spent the weekend in the hospital, the Doc said I was lucky to make it out without brain damage, much less at all! I'm hoping to be able to make it up on Sunday, at least. The whole time my thoughts were with you. I guess it's not so bad knowing your not the only one that's missing all the fun. Next year we're both gonna have A LOT of making up to do! I've been trying to get ahold of Randy, but no luck so far. If you talk with him, let him know why I was a no show. AAFO is probably the only bastian of info I'll have this year! Thank you!

Race 29
                OUCH TWO Niner! That hospital stuff SUCKS! I hope I've seen the last of them for a while! Being alive and healthy is a really easy thing to take for granted isn't it! How quickly it all becomes so precious as you sit in your hospital room and really don't know, or worse, don't really know if you care if you're going to see the next day! Feeling that bad REALLY SUCKS!

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayners,
                  You hit the nail on the head! After I sent that last post (I don't know why it posted twice....oops!) I remembered about Nellis. Do you think you'll make it there? Or is it too soon to tell?

Race 29
                  (Larry)

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
                    Wayners,
                    You hit the nail on the head! After I sent that last post (I don't know why it posted twice....oops!) I remembered about Nellis. Do you think you'll make it there? Or is it too soon to tell?

Race 29
                    (Larry)
                    Two Niner... I will be at Nellis!!!!!!! There would have to be some horrible complication to keep me from there..

The way it works, they can't really do a CT scan to see if it worked prior to about 3 months or so. Too much going on scarring, inflmation <sp?> and the like, for them to tell if something is bad or not.. so, after 3 or so months, which is really like just after Nellis, I get the good or bad news... good, I'm in the clear, no cutting to get rid of more, no further magic ya ya particle accelerator guns.... The docs say, that the way the visible tumors (the ones on my neck) have responded indicate that the hidden one (main one and the real bad doggie) located in the base of my tongue, *usually* is gone gone gone...

Time will tell if the rest of my life is gonna be a fight, but Nellis happens to be a wonderful, beautiful open window for me to go play airplane guy!

So, I'll be there

Wayner
                    PS.. deleted the dupe post... it's really easy to hit enter twice and get two.. dunno if members can delete own posts or not.. I think so for a certain amount of time maybe?? Complicated piece of software this message system but, it really works well and in a fit of spending last month or so, I finally bought it. We previously rented it for the same price that they sell it for annually... this keeps your support open and allows all upgrades. With buying it, you only have to fork out $30. a year (less than half the rental) to keep it active and upgradable... seemed like a good idea at the time
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayners,
                      That's great! I'll still pray for a quick and full recovery. I'll have to take you to "Big Dogs". That was my old hangout years ago. Their Blackjack burger (1/2 lb marinated in Jack Daniels) is awesome, and they have the coldest Heinken's on the planet!

I really can't tell you what a God send your web site has been. This is the first year since '79 that I wasn't able to make it to Reno. If you didn't put in all of the hard work that you have to make this site so good, I'd probably have put a bullet in my head by now! Thank you for saving my life!

Race 29
                      P.S. I noticed yesterday that my mouse was making two clicks when I only clicked once, so the problem was on my end. I think the problem is fixed, but I'll start checking to make sure there's only one post.

Comment

Working...
                      X