From the fenceline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the fenceline

Spent the morning from the fence line by pylon 5,6? Get some good shots, here are a few. Had three, but having trouble with one. Boy, I've forgotten about modems. Can't wait to get back to my cable modem.

Dan Plunkett
    Attached Files

Re: From the fenceline

nice shot of spirt of texas (i was out on the fence line today too) i think i was standing next to you ill be out there tomorrow (still hoping bear is running on friday isnt air racing with out the bear
    www.renosection3.com

Comment

Not me. I was the guy up on Lemmon Valley Road with the Mustang. I took one look at the hill you had to go down to get to yoall and decided that four wheelin was not indicated. Wish I had, wanted to meet everybody. In that vien, If you see a photographer dragging a backpack on wheels with an o2 bottle in it, introduce yourself.

Also, have many more good pictures. Just the frustration of trying to upload on a telephone was to much last night. More to come.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

hill??? what hill....lol my daughter followed me to the fence line in her beetle (all black top) are you parking in a court???
        www.renosection3.com

Comment

I am probally confused as tothe location. Where I was, From Red ??? Rd, Right turn onto Lemmon road. Up to the fence line, and turn right onto the dirt road. Go about 100 yards onto that dirt road, and there is a large drop off. It probally wasn't much of a hill, but I could certainly see my Mustang getting stuck, so I backed away. I did see a big motorhome go down that hill, but I didn't see him get out.

Whethor I was at the wrong place, or just chicken, sorry to have missed meeting you. See you next year.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

I was on the fenceline on the long straight, between 6 and 7 (as seen in Bearfan1's videos). Never got as far back as you did.

We drove down red rock road until we were about even with the middle of the straight, then turned right down a dirt road to get to the viewing area along the fence. it's a little rough, but I saw more than one pick-up towing fifth-wheel trailers down that road, so you would have had little or no trouble. I've even seen an occasional ice cream truck go through there!

This road terminates around the middle of the straightaway. There's another road a little farther up red rock, but we never get as far as lemmon valley road. I guess next year you can look for it.

Comment

Working...
            X