Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Tuesday info

Apologies for the poor spelling, any incorrect or repeated info:

Precious Metal, who ran great in the afternoon session, has some kick ass shirts for sale. But don't forget about Blue Thunder's shirts!

Sept Pops popped. Plane and Mike are okay but there is damage to the cowling. Don't know how serious.

Dreadnought replaced at least one cyl. last night and flew today; sounded good.

Rare Bear is being worked on.

Riff Raff is running a Skyraider style scoop and seemed to be running very well.

Sparky has jelly beans smeared all over it. Looks good! (Jelly Belly sponsorship).

Ridge Runner running like a wild boar! Welcome back Danny.

NemesisNXT as of 5:00 PM was still by runway 8. It looks like the prop did strike, but I'm not 100% sure. Team NXT has packed up their pit area. I know the Jon and crew will get her back and she will be better than ever. I am very glad that Jon appeared to be okay and wish the team the best of luck.

At the first sport class session, Greenamyer, Sharp, and Parker lined up together. There was so much excitement and anticipation that these three planes, pilots, and team brought with them to the line. My heart goes out the NXT team!

Greenamyer qualified at 347 mph in 2nd place.

John Parker in Blue Thunder qualified 1st in the sports class at 349.507 mph. That also makes Blue Thunder the fastest normally aspirated aircraft in the world. Also the fastest recorded Sport Class speed in the RARA database!

Bill Pearce
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Re: Some Tuesday info

Go John Parker, Go!!

Still pullin' for "The Bear!"

Don

Comment

Really appreciate the great update!

Gary

Comment

Update to the Update:

Sept Pop info wrong!!! Cowling is fine!!! Engine unknown.

NXT is back on all three but has damage to the prop, cowling, and wing tip. Truly my heart goes out to NXT and their baby.

Bill

Comment

Update to the Update:

Sept Pops Cowl is fine!!!!! Engine?

Nxt is back on all threes. Damage to the wingtip, prop, cowl, and gear door.

Truly, my heart goes out to the Sharps and all the work they have done on their baby.

Bill
          Attached Files
          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

GO BLUE!!!

Bummer about September Pops, did Sept. Fury fly today?

Sounds like NemesisNXT is not fixable in time to race?

Lets hope everyone els stays healthy and the rest get fixed in time.
            http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
            http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Go John Parker, Go!!

Still pullin' for "The Bear!"

Don

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
                Update to the Update:
                Nxt is back on all threes. Damage to the wingtip, prop, cowl, and gear door. Truly, my heart goes out to the Sharps and all the work they have done on their baby.

Bill
                What a heart-breaker! After the press to get to Reno '04, skipping OSH, getting tested in time, etc, etc! Can't wait to see Jon turn a 400 mph lap on the Sport course in '05! Wonder what its high altitude cruise speed is? Whoosh! I truly admire both the plane and the effort. Sa-lute to Jon & Tricia!
                Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                World Speed Record Holder

Comment

I am glad Jon is ok... I was really looking forward to seeing her fly. I have been bragging on her for a few months to my friends. oh well, i will look for her in 05. I am really bumbed out about the BEAR..... She is my favorite, I just hope they can get her back on track. I am leaving out thursday morning and staying through mon. I will catch as much of the action as i can. i just can not wait!!!
                  Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by RarebearFan77
                    I am glad Jon is ok... I was really looking forward to seeing her fly. I have been bragging on her for a few months to my friends. oh well, i will look for her in 05. I am really bumbed out about the BEAR..... She is my favorite, I just hope they can get her back on track. I am leaving out thursday morning and staying through mon. I will catch as much of the action as i can. i just can not wait!!!
                    I've not had the hutzpa to talk with Jon or Trish yet, they need to grieve over the crippling acciddent to their baby for a day or two first...

We all expected teething problems. Fortunate that Jon's happened on the airport, did not involve fire and no one was hurt. He'll be back and he's got a huge publicity slot open to him at Nellis, Aviation Nation 2004. I certainly hope so anyway!

Don't count the Bear out till they turn the lights out and start watching from the trailer and not working on the airplane!

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
                      At the first sport class session, Greenamyer, Sharp, and Parker lined up together. There was so much excitement and anticipation that these three planes, pilots, and team brought with them to the line. My heart goes out the NXT team!

Greenamyer qualified at 347 mph in 2nd place.

John Parker in Blue Thunder qualified 1st in the sports class at 349.507 mph. That also makes Blue Thunder the fastest normally aspirated aircraft in the world. Also the fastest recorded Sport Class speed in the RARA database!

Bill Pearce
                      Bill you buried this in here so inconspicously, I almost missed it..

One of the things I like about Parker. He's quiet, he does not brag, in fact, good luck dragging out of him just what he's been up to!

I'd say he's tapping on the super aerodynamics of the TM for some of his speed?? Ya think?

But just the fact that, he set his mark, takes aim and goes out and does it is amazing to me....

How can such a "sweet ol' guy" be so darn competitive????! And if you've flown with him.. you *KNOW* he's competitive!

Congratulations JOHN PARKER!

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The qualifying results have some surprises. A Formula 1 qualified at 266!!! A biplane at 241!!! And was Jon Sharp pushing Nemesis at all to get a 325? I didn't expect 350 from John Parker -- wow! And how about Czech Mate inching up on 450! I'm wheels-up at 7:20 tomorrow night!
                        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                          Bill you buried this in here so inconspicously, I almost missed it..

One of the things I like about Parker. He's quiet, he does not brag, in fact, good luck dragging out of him just what he's been up to!

I'd say he's tapping on the super aerodynamics of the TM for some of his speed?? Ya think?

But just the fact that, he set his mark, takes aim and goes out and does it is amazing to me....

How can such a "sweet ol' guy" be so darn competitive????! And if you've flown with him.. you *KNOW* he's competitive!

Congratulations JOHN PARKER!

Wayne
                          Yeah, I'm sneeky.

No aero mods this year, just added an overdrive to the transmission.

He is a racer.... he leans into the straps of the Seneca too.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Bill
                          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

I would like to take a moment to thank all of the fans for their support. We deeply appreciate your kind words. Our speed would not have been possible without the support of ERC Racing Fuels, Hartzell Propeller, and Ryan Falconer Racing engines. And a special thanks to Wayne for have this message board at aafo.com. Get well soon!

Sincerely,

John Parker
                            Blue Thunder Air Racing

Comment

Working...
                            X