Some Monday News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Monday News

I see no one has posted any news from Monday yet, so I will relay what little I know:

Dago and Rare Bear both qualified today at 490+. Dago was .100 seconds faster. September Fury also qualified at 465+, and it didn't look like he was pushing it too much. Miss A came in at around 435, and looked real good.

Czechmate had a gear problem after taking off. He landed safely, but I overheard the crew (including Tiger!) talking about a bent gear strut. Hopefully they can get it fixed!

In the Sport Class, Darryl was really cranking it up today. I don't think he qualified, but he was moving. NXT was up this morning, but didn't really turn it on. (at least while I was watching)

I am camping in my van at the field, and am online using my cell phone. It is a sloooow connection, so I won't be posting dozens of pictures like some are able to, but I am going to try and get a couple posted.

Having a blast!

Danno

Re: Some Monday News

>>I am camping in my van at the field, and am online using my cell phone. It is a sloooow connection, so I won't be posting dozens of pictures like some are able to, but I am going to try and get a couple posted.<<

Yeah, but still, ya gotta love technology!!

Thanks for the pictures and info Danno!

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

>>Yeah, but still, ya gotta love technology!!<<

Yes I do! It may be slow, but it's more than I have had in any of the other 20 years I've been here!

Here are a couple more before I hit the sack.

Danno

p.s. Jelly Belly is a nickname my daughter (Janelle) has been called by friends, so I am having fun with 'Sparky's' new sponser.

Comment

Re: Some Monday Bear News

I talked to my brother last night as he arrived at the races yesterday. He talked to the Bear camp, and indeed the engine is making metal.

At this point they have found aluminum and steel pieces. They were sending the pieces out to be checked under a microscope in attempt to determine their point of origination.

They will be borescoping all the cylinders through the spark plug holes first for top side damage. If that does not turn up any evidence they will begin pulling cylinders and looking deeper.

Not great news, but they have not thrown in the towel. Luckily they have a speed that wil allow them to work until Friday in attempt to get things back together. Wish them good luck.

He also said it looked like one of the sport planes, #71 a Venture, had an issue of some kind. It was sitting on its wing with a bent prop.

~jim

Comment

Ahhhhh damn!!! Has anyone else heard the same news about the Rear Bear? I saw the post earlier about people seeing a faint smoke trail while he was running on Monday. Damn that Murphy and his lame arse law!!

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has any info on Voodoo? Are they on the same pace as Dago Red and Rarebear? Wish I could be there, Reno is a long way from Louisiana.

Thanks Jody

Comment

Does not look that way. They ran a 380.344, definitely not their full potential, However I would not expect them to approach the 490's unless they can run about 110% of their potential best...

Comment

Thanks for info, if you get any more about Voodoo please post it.

Thanks Jody

Comment

Thanks for info, if you get any more post it please.

Thanks Jody

Comment

Working...
                  X