Any new scanner frequencies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new scanner frequencies?

Hi! Does anyone have any newer scanner frequencies other than the standard 122.7,123.575, 126.3, 118.05, 277.5, 117.9, 128.8, etc? What I'd like to be able to pick up is the ramp and the unlimiteds, and the jets, and the T-6's...., even the pilot chatter (all just for listening, not transmitting!)
    Actually, I'd like to be able to hear it all!!! Not asking for much, huh?
    At any rate, if anyone has any good frequencies, please please please respond! My scanner lost (pilot-error?) all of the frequencies I had stored (and I had them stored since 1992)...and it's been pretty quite so far. HELP!! Please!!!

Re: Any new scanner frequencies?

Note to all: I'm not gonna nuke this freq list as we have in past years but... any of ya's that are using trancievers as your scanner PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put a guard over the transmit button or something PLEASE!

Every year, there is at least one stuck mic syndrome, every year, those of us who carry scanners get the evil eye from all. Scanners are totally harmless, transcievers are able to hog/block the freq.... and potentially life saving information. If you have a "handheld" and are about to fire it up for use as a scanner... you gotta ask yourself the question..... Is it worth it??

Be careful please!
    Wayner

Originally posted by hearemroar
    Hi! Does anyone have any newer scanner frequencies other than the standard 122.7,123.575, 126.3, 118.05, 277.5, 117.9, 128.8, etc? What I'd like to be able to pick up is the ramp and the unlimiteds, and the jets, and the T-6's...., even the pilot chatter (all just for listening, not transmitting!)
    Actually, I'd like to be able to hear it all!!! Not asking for much, huh?
    At any rate, if anyone has any good frequencies, please please please respond! My scanner lost (pilot-error?) all of the frequencies I had stored (and I had them stored since 1992)...and it's been pretty quite so far. HELP!! Please!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Easily fixed. All handheld transceivers I've seen, have little "Guards" on each side of the xmit switch. Grey tape a nickel across these guards, and no transmit will take place. (Saves your Batteries) To be really cool, use 400mph tape, (the chrome kind).
      I use a regular scanner, so I don't have this problem anymore, and I too am interested in freqs.

Al Gerharter

Comment

So does that mean that you don't have any freq's that you want to share? Just kidding! I know all that it takes is one idiot out there thinking they are funny to ruin it for everyone else. And I am not making light of a very serious subject. One person trying to be cute (with the wrong equipment in their hand's) could mean the difference between a great weekend at the races or a devistating catastrophe. I'd like to opt for the great weekend at the races, so..if anyone knows which frequencies a scanner nerd can monitor this weekend, please e-me instead of posting on the forum. Perhaps that'll help! Otherwise, I'll just keep the scanner doing a search on the air band and hopefully pick up the old freq's I had! Blue Skies, Guys! and Gals!!
        May there be the same number of landings as takeoffs this year! God Bless Yau'll!!!

Becky
        hearemroar
        rjc9558@msn.com
        Last edited by hearemroar; 09-13-2004, 06:11 PM. Reason: font WAY too large!

Comment

I would love to use my scanner as well. If someone could also e-mail them to me, I just have a Uniden Bearcat scanner I also use at Nascar races. Thanks, my email is foxtrot1974@yahoo.com.
          Jason

Comment

I have been using these ones, one is race control, and one is tower. I'll be adding yours to my scanner after I type this.

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X