Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualifying

Anyone know the schedule for today (Monday the 13th) for qualifying. Have the day off and might head up to Reno.....

Re: Qualifying

According to www.airace.org, Qualifying doesn't start until Wednesday,
    , the way I hear it some one might go up at any time on any day just to test something, but for the scheduled stuff. Anyhow have enough fun up there for me to.

Comment

Accually, the qualifying does start today (monday) along with practice, and various testing. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are all qualifying days, with the formal program on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. There's two qualifying sessions for each class, one in the morning, and one as soon as the first sessions are over with. I think everything wraps up around 3 or 4.

Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Yes, they start qualifying on Monday...Dago typicaly quals. on Monday if the conditions are favorable, as do others. Can anyone out there at Stead post the qualifying times here as soon as they are posted in the hanger? That would be awesome!

I've got two new tires on the H-D and will be heading out soon!!!!
        WHOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Comment

Boy, as I said on another thread this is the greatest site for a stuck-in-texas Air Race fan. If those guys out there post Monday or Tuesday qualifying [which I didn't even know they did] that would be unbelieveable. I really appreciate all the posting that all you guys are doing, keep up the good work.

Comment

Just got home after the first round of quals and it was REAL cool.....Pix and Stories galore REAL SOON guys!

Gary

Comment

Just got back from Reno and took some photos of the unlimiteds. Unfortunately when I got home and downloaded them they look like cr**!!

Around 1130 ish this morning I watched a lot of the sports class planes flying, including Nemisis. Mr. Sharp stayed high for a while then took a couple of laps on the course. That thing sure LOOKS fast. After that Riff Raff took off followed by Sept. Fury. Riff Raff was quick to get on the course and Mr. Brown stayed high for a while, probably checking on the new engine, after he got it warmed up he took to the course. Thing sounded MEAN and looked pretty quick too.

Precious Metal took off and I never saw it on the course. Ridge Runner flew too and sounded like an onery Mustang. Old Yeller also flew with this group.

The second set took off a short time later and that included Sept. Pops, VooDoo, Miss A, Mr. Pardue's Sea Fury, Dreadnought, Merlins Magic, Dago and the Bear.

The Bear had it's four bladed prop on and sounded a little quieter, if that really can be said. Dago was Dago, not much more can be said there.

I have no idea of qualifying times since I took my four year old son with me who decided he was tired at 2 pm and wanted to go home.

One last thing, Precious Metal has some new merchandise and the Ridge Runner wear is pretty cool
              Attached Files

Comment

I thought ol yeller wsn't going tomake it this year....Glad to see that old bird show up.

I think only Wednesday was listed for qualifying, because you have to buy a ticklet that day. Used to be that Monday through Wednesday qualifying was free, but it changed to pay-on-Wednesday a few years back...I assume that still is the case.

Be up there Tuesday.....I'm crawling up the walls in anticipation! (goes off to watch the FENCELINE videos a few dozen more times...)

Comment

Did Bear, Dago or Fury set, or attempt to set, a new qual record? How fast is Nemesis NXT? And how's the slow nosecase 3350 doing in Tom Camp's Wildcat? (Just kidding on that one!)

Did the Cincy Guys box drink all their beverages today? Peas
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                  World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
                  X