Sunday Sept 12, Early Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Sept 12, Early Reports

I've gotten a few calls from Reno Stead over the last few hours... common denominator... WIND! Apparantly, the Nevada desert is up to its usual tricks and is dishing it out in bushels today....

Just spoke with Ron Buccarelli and he said there was an unlimited "window" coming up for flight but that the tech inspectors have indicated to him that they would not be able to get to him in time for him to fly in this session...

As of now.... Griffon Girl is on the field, Mike Gallagher is as well. Bill Pearce is on his way as of tomorrow.. Watch here and on the main index page (where we'll have our "official" coverage links) over the next few days....

I'm feeling well, I can sit with my laptop in great comfort and as long as I can fight off the effects of my meds and stay awake... you guys will know what I know almost as soon as I know it....

Stay tuned it's

RENO 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Sunday Sept 12, Early Reports

Here comes, Wayne.......Really hope it's not gonna be too painful seeing all the planes! Feel free to add your own captions!

And yes, it was pretty windy!

We saw about half of the T-6s on the course, then Sport had a session. Got so busy in the pits, I forgot to watch Nemesis!

I want to go back tomorrow for awhile and maybe catch some Unlimiteds qualifying. Also, need pix of F1, Bipe & Jets. Not to mention all the T-6s that were testing while we ramp ratted!

Only view these in limited doses as not to get TOO upset! Prayers are with you.

Gary Osif
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gary Osif; 09-12-2004, 04:27 PM.

Comment

More pix from Sunday.....

Gary
      Attached Files

Comment

And MORE beautiful birds!

You can see, the Bear was staying cool with the 4 blade ready for action!
        Attached Files

Comment

More pit pix from Sunday.....
          Attached Files

Comment

Hope everyone is enjoying these!

BTW, the wife insisted I pose by an airplane..........that's me in front of the Big Bossman.
            Attached Files

Comment

One last shot of the Ione/Carson City bunch(Sept Pops out of view, in front of Sept Fury)

Hope to get more tomorrow and I really hope everyone enjoys them.

Gary
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Gary!!! Keep-em coming!!!

Not only have you answered the question about which prop Rare Bear is going to run with but I you also exposed Sparky's new sponsorship.

Rick

Comment

Great shots Gary, thanks for posting.
                  Man only two more days and I'm on my way!!!
                  http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                  http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Thanks Gary! Nice shots. And BTW what are you shooting with, just wondered.
                    It got my heart pumping here @ 444 in the morning!
                    Leaving Wed at 1210 for SMF. Rent car and driving to Reno. Be there as fast as I can!
                    Godspeed!
                    Keep 'em coming!

Comment

I got a little Kodak Easy Share CX6330 for my birthday. I doubt it'll have the lens and shutter speed for planes that are flying but, I'm gonna try!

Hope to keep my blisters small and will have more pix later today.

As I am an amateur photog, I neglected to mention to anyone considering this........PLEASE respect the teams and myself by NOT trying to sell any of my images. They need the money and I only want them to be enjoyed, not profitted from. Damn sure the best screensavers I can offer!

Gary

Comment

lol sparky??? was that sparky with the jelly bellys on it?? (my grand kids liked that one) lol i guess that was , didnt realize that was sparky ..
                        www.renosection3.com

Comment

lol for got my pics from yesterday. they are not as good as the other pics all ready posted. but hey im learning
                          Attached Files
                          www.renosection3.com

Comment

Thanks for the pictures - keep them coming. I only wish I could be there in person.

What is the deal with the wheels/tires on Voodoo? They don't look like stock Mustang units, or am I seeing things? Is this something new or has she always had this tire/wheel combination?

David

Comment

Originally posted by Section3guy
                              lol for got my pics from yesterday. they are not as good as the other pics all ready posted. but hey im learning
                              We all had to start at the begining sometime or another. I'm glad your posting. Any photo from Reno is a good photo.
                              Hopefully I'll see ya in the Warlock pit!

EEKKK!! had to take my car to the shop this morning
                              Should have it back later to day.
                              http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Working...
                              X