RARA at it again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARA at it again?

I'm hearing that RARA is secretly changing the rules to allow an unlimited competiter to substitute his broken racer with another aircraft that was not entered. When you enter, the entry is for the A/C, not the pilot. Why are there rules if they're going to change them at the last minute, to the detriment of the other racers who have followed the established requirements for entry. RARA hasn't even made their new rules available to the participants yet they reqired a signed statement with each entry that said we would abide by the Rules of Competition and agree not to bring any legal action against RARA in a Nevada court or any other court. Since it's an election year, I guess it's not suprising that "Politics as usual"
    rears it's ugly head again.
    I'm hoping that someone from RARA would come on here and tell me I'm wrong, but I won't hold my breath.

Re: RARA at it again?

How many racers would actually use the sub option? I am thinking few and far between. Lets just have some fun and watch great skills at work!!

Comment

This takes money out of the pocket of anybody who qualifies behind this guy. I don't think that the entries who will be behind him will think the way you do. What if you were the one who doesn't get to race because of this?

Comment

Can you enlighten us? Which racer broke?

Jeez! I HOPE it's not Voodoo again this close to the races.

Comment

"Broke" was not the best term to use. "Not ready" would be a more accurate term. It doesn't matter who it is. It's not Vodoo.

Comment

ach! its voodoo say it isnt so! (tell me i didnt read that right)
            www.renosection3.com

Comment

Why is this really an issue? This isn't about Dago Red or Voodoo, it's about the guys who are owner/pilots that want to race. If your plane is waiting on a part (like an engine), and you've got another plane should you really not be allowed to race? If that is the rule you will just see owners with multiple planes enter them all and then only bring one. I don't think that would be in the best interest of the sport.

Comment

this is true i was just worried i might not see a air race icon. i think it is wrong.how maney times have racers not made the races because of a engine not being ready/broken. its part of the game. i think if you and i were racing they whould not cut us a break
                www.renosection3.com

Comment

And where would you race it i.e. which class?
                  If a gold contender was to break, for instance, and could'nt make the fiel, would it make sense for the pilot/owner to place a stocker in it's place? Nobody (O.K. Mr. Brown is close) has TWO racers of the same class at his disposal. At least in the unlimiteds. Sport, T-6, etc. may work out differently.

Leo
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

The point here is that the entry is for the aircraft, period. Owners should not be allowed to make last minute substitutions, period!!! It screws the restof the owners who are below him. How this affects everyone is that RARA is breaking their own rules on entries, and also making new rules but not making them known to the participants. Legal action cannot be taken because all participants have to sign the aggreement to not bring legal action against RARA! Kind of like just making the rules up in a game as you go to suit only yourself!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                      Nobody has TWO racers of the same class at his disposal. At least in the unlimiteds. Sport, T-6, etc. may work out differently.Leo
                      What?????

I can think of lots of racers who have more than one Unlimited class plane.

Comment

I do concede that several owners have had multiple entries,but how many race Gold side by side?
                        The scenario I'm seeing as unrealistic is having your Gold entry break and substituting your silver or bronze contender at 50-100 mph slower.
                        Unless you have a back-up your other plane(s) is entered already.
                        Kinda like Wiley Sanders substituting the B-25 when Jeannie broke.
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Mike Brown has 3 planes entered, and Howard Pardue has 2 entered. Nelson Ezell races Howard's Sea Fury, while Howard races the Bearcat. Now I would think if the Bearcat broke he would take Nelson out and get in himself. At least I would! I don't know Mike Brown's arangements.

Comment

If everyone is healthy there are arguably only a very few planes that stand any chance of winning the Gold Race.
                            In reality, by sunday, there are going to be several racers sitting in the pits come racetime.
                            Look at the history of the Reno Air Races.
                            It is not easy to predict which planes will be in the sunday gold race.
                            Now tell me who will cut a pylon, bust the deadline, or DNF.

So this year, take out Dago, Sept Fury, Rare Bear and Dread and tell me who's race is it?

You gotta be in the race to win.
                            Ask Lefty.

Comment

Thats easy , RIDGE RUNNER.

Comment

Working...
                              X