Middlesboro '04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middlesboro '04

This is a wonderful show. Not much in quantity, but the quality is next to none. Here's a taste from my little Sony. My bro came out with his new Nikon 70. I'll have more from this incredible camera later. Training for Reno! Peas
    Attached Files
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Re: Middlesboro '04

Thanks, Peashooter. Can't wait for the rest!
    SteveZ

Comment

As promised, more from yesterday at Middlesboro. These are shot either by my brother, his son Vinnie or me. We forget! We were using my bro's Nikon D70 on its first airshow outing. Gotta learn how to use all the tools, including the IS-400 lense. Reno's gonna be fun! Enjoy these.
      Attached Files
      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo Hotel
        Thanks, Peashooter. Can't wait for the rest!
        The rest!?! We filled almost three 256 meg CF cards! Almost 400 shots. Lots of throw aways with some real heartbreakers that would have been awesome if we'd nailed 'em. We're learning!
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

Here are a few more shots. It wasn't all P-38s! And a happy pilot homeward bound!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Peashooter; 09-06-2004, 01:11 PM.
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

Nice stuff, I'm sure you will learn the camera. Even if it is the wrong brand!!

Comment

Here are a few more...
              Attached Files
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                Here are a few more shots. It wasn't all P-38s! And a happy pilot homeward bound!
                Nice looking EZ you got there, Peas. But what about that empty seat? Next time, I want to go, too

What was the photo plane for that shot, and who was flying it?
                SteveZ

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo Hotel
                  What was the photo plane for that shot, and who was flying it?
                  KH: My brother was flying his Super Cub and his son Vinnie (7th grade) took the air-2-air shots, as well as a bunch of the shots at Middlesboro. Video games are paying off! Form-ups with the Cub are fun! Good practice for flying patterns behind SLOW traffic. You can see the reflex in my canard elevator for slow flight. As for that back seat, Middlesboro's density altitude was fairly high in the heat of the weekend, and there are no options taking off from 1A6's 3,600'. Note the climb angle of Porky on the one shot. It's a short, high field! Plus the fact that it's a mini Aspen -- high terrain all around. Finally, you can also see the top of my fuel gauge in the back as well. What a great camera! Peas
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

KH: My brother was flying his Super Cub and his son Vinnie (7th grade) took the air-2-air shots, as well as a bunch of the shots at Middlesboro. Video games are paying off! Form-ups with the Cub are fun! Good practice for flying patterns behind SLOW traffic. You can see the reflex in my canard elevator for slow flight. As for that back seat, Middlesboro's density altitude was fairly high in the heat of the weekend, and there are no options taking off from 1A6's 3,600'. Note the climb angle of Porky on the one shot. It's a short, high field! Plus the fact that it's a mini Aspen -- high terrain all around. Finally, you can also see the top of my fuel gauge in the back as well. What a great camera! Peas
                    OK, OK, Peashooter: I can handle rejection.

Didn't quite get your point about the fuel gauge, though. So is Middlesboro's field elevation 3600', or is that the runway length? How much runway does that lawn dart of yours need?
                    SteveZ

Comment

Hey Peashooter-

Did the P-47 just do a flyby or a whole routine?? How about a Mustang?

I was there last year, and you're correct, it's the best up-close airshow experience I've ever had!

Comment

No acro from the P-47, but lots of passes -- Duxford style! Both with and without the P-38s. The throaty sound was awesome.

Nathan Davis' beautiful Mustang started up and departed about noon Sunday after a couple of passes. He's gettin' around in that one!

BTW, at the similar-sized Lunken airshow this past weekend, they announced that at next year's show, they are assembling a "Gathering of Thunderbolts." So far, they report that seven have expressed an early interest in participating. Also, looks like KLUK will serve as the Planes of Fame Midwestern base of ops again next Spring & Summer.
                        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

There's a nice video on the Lost Squadron site from this year's show. Enjoy!

Comment

There's a nice video of this year's show on The Lost Squadron site. Enjoy! http://www.thelostsquadron.com/video1.wmv
                            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

There's a nice video of this year's show on The Lost Squadron site. Enjoy! http://www.thelostsquadron.com/video1.wmv
                              And so I did: thanks, Peas. You weren't kidding about the MTNS ALL QDRNTS.
                              SteveZ

Comment

Working...
                              X