Mustang ride at Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang ride at Reno

If you are interested in purchasing a Mustang ride at the races, I can help. You can send me a e-mail at warbird51@comcast.net

Please, serious inquires only.

Hawkeye

Re: Mustang ride at Reno

My lovely girlfriend paid $250 for a 30 minute back seat ride in an AT-6. It was a blast. I'm guessing at least twice that for a Mustang ride?
    Salute!

Comment

$450 for a ride in merlins magic,six years ago.
      low pass(TWICE!) over a uncontrolled airport in the central valley
      of california:PRICELESS.T6 ride over the monterey bay this year,
      again $450.4 point hesitaition roll:again,priceless!
      DO IT!!!!!!

Comment

This is what I just found on the web. Weather or not it is standard cost or not I don't know. But I copied it directly off the page and pasted it here.,,,,,,,,,, Would you like to go for a ride in a P-51 Mustang? Well, there’s a place in Kissimmee, FL called Stallion 51, where you can take a half hour or one hour flight in a dual control P-51 Mustang. Cost is only $1,950 for the half hour package or $2,850 for the full hour package. Check out their website at http://www.stallion51.com/home.cfm for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan
          Well, there’s a place in Kissimmee, FL called Stallion 51, where you can take a half hour or one hour flight in a dual control P-51 Mustang. Cost is only $1,950 for the half hour package or $2,850 for the full hour package. Check out their website at http://www.stallion51.com/home.cfm for more information.
          The difference here is that Stallion 51 flies dual control Mustangs and you get to fly. I did it several years ago and it was a blast, but not exactly cheap. I see it has gone up since then. However, I have heard of Mustang owners taking guys up for a few hundred bucks (which probably covers not much more than the gas), but you're in the jump seat with no controls.

I've attached a couple of photos from my flight there in "Crazy Horse".

BTW, it looks like they have enough takers at their current rates to keep 3 Mustangs busy.
          Attached Files
          Jeff Lo
          Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
          Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Having been a Corsair buff all my life, it would take some deep consideration for me to let go of that kind of money(I'm just a GSE mechanic)to take a back seat in a Corsair, much less a Mustang.
            Still broken-hearted after two years, I missed out on the ride at The Gathering of Corsairs and Legends raffle with Dale Snodgrass.
            The trip to Reno this year is a once in a lifetime thing for me. Fortunately my lovely, adventurous girlfriend is helping out monetarily for 4 days at the air races, which would otherwise be impossible for me to foot the entire bill alone. Tickets and pit passes were over $600 and 4 nights at the Peppermill $800+. Of course the memories will be priceless.
            Maybe the opportunity will present itself again someday. I will maintain my dream. Best Wishes to you all! Salute!

Comment

Are you a fellow AGE RAnger MGB?

Comment

AGE Ranger? mgbf4u is my zone nickname. I fly M$ Combat Flight Simulator2. It stands for my hero, Major Greg Boyington.

Comment

AGE stands for aerospace ground equipment...Air Force version of GSE....AGE Ranger is just a person who works on AGE

Comment

Negative, airline GSE. 16 years @DFW. Ex Navy, A-gang. 30 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbf4u
                      My lovely girlfriend paid $250 for a 30 minute back seat ride in an AT-6. It was a blast. I'm guessing at least twice that for a Mustang ride?
                      Salute!
                      Was your T-6 ride out of the Museum over at Addison field? I rent from Monarch air right next door to them from time to time, and have thought about going up with them.

Comment

That's correct. At Cavanaughs Flight Museum. A retired Southwest Airlines pilot name of Warner took me up. It was all good.
                        You may also choose the open cockpit Stearman for $175. All the controls are in place in the aft compartment but the joystick is parked on the frame rail.
                        That would have been fun for awhile.
                        They had visiting aircraft one day we were there and it was $400 to ride in a B17 or a B24. Don't know how long the flight lasted though. We stayed long enough to watch them start up and taxi out. It was a wonderful sight.

Comment

Working...
                        X