Air Racing News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Racing News

Art and Dan Vance have both regitered to fly in the Unlimted Class this year at Reno. Art will be flying his P-51 Mustang "Speed Ball Alice" and his son Dan will be at the controls of Darryl Bonds P-51 Mustang "Lady Jo". Look for history to take place at Stead Airport on Thursday afternoon as this will be the first time a father / son team has been in the same race together.

Re: Air Racing News

In Regard to Art and Dan Vance competing in the 2004 Reno Air Races as the First Farther/son Duo competing in the same race, it might be noted that Jimmy Leeward and son Dirk Leeward competed in the 1986 Air Racees. Jimmy flew Leeward Air Ranch special and Dirk flew Cloud Dancer.

all the best Shawn

Comment

since I'm not in CNO anymore, I'm not up on all the latest....anyone know why Robbie isn't flying Lady Jo this year?

Comment

Didn't Jimmy and son Dirk Leeward both race in the mid 80's in "Cloud Dancer" and "Leeward Air Ranch Special" as the FIRST father / son Duo ??

Comment

Originally posted by Airrace7
          Art and Dan Vance have both regitered to fly in the Unlimted Class this year at Reno. Art will be flying his P-51 Mustang "Speed Ball Alice" and his son Dan will be at the controls of Darryl Bonds P-51 Mustang "Lady Jo". Look for history to take place at Stead Airport on Thursday afternoon as this will be the first time a father / son team has been in the same race together.
          Except, I belive, when Jimmy and Dirk Leeward raced LARS and Cloud Dancer together at Reno in 1986. I think they flew in Sunday's silver race together that year....but that's just off the top of my head. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Just a note from the Russian roulett camp....104 has no engine ! still waiting for it to get back, was supposed to be back last week, birds on jacks, oil cooler replaced......Anyway we are hoping for the best and plan to bring 2 yaks again this year.........THE ALLISON SURE IS A PRETTY SOUND, NOT THE FASTEST BUT STILL SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT

Craig Beal

Comment

thanks craig, i hope you guys get the engine in time.

if i wanted to get in touch with sean how would i go about doing it?
              heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Yakity Yak

Tell Sean I will help him sing "Friends In Low Places" again at the Warlock party! See ya up there- All the best, Randy Goss
                Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Working...
                X