Air race web sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air race web sites

i have made a few (pleaze dont laugh im new at this) i was wondering if any one else has an sites that they want to share

Here are mine (dont laugh )
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

here is a write up on airracing and section3 and another kinda cool web site

http://www.***************.com/

my grand kids love watching videos of the racers so if any one knows of any sites with videos i whould be thankful...
    www.renosection3.com

Re: Air race web sites

Sec3guy, have you seen these?

bearfan1
    One more blade and a little less roar, Team Rare Bear ROCKED in 2004 !

Comment

BearFan....that fenceline movie has got to be the kewlest #$@% vid....How yall get on that fence????

Comment

omg thats great site thank you , (im calling the grand kids in now) that fence line is were i take the family durring the week to watch. ill be there wendsday thursday and friday and sat. look for me ill be in orange . keep the sites coming
        www.renosection3.com

Comment

can you give me easy directions on how to get there? I went out there about 6 yeas ago and it was no where near as developed. I need to go there again. thanks

Comment

I've been a "fence-sitter" since the late 80's......Never could get access to the infield, so this was the next best viewing position.

The view was even better in the past before they put up the chain-link fence, but the old set-up of several strands of barbed wire and wooden posts did little to keep certain idiots from running out on the track on Sundays, just as the gold race was starting.....

A number of folk camp out there all week and never go near the grandstands (sometimes called "freeloaders" or "back-stretch bums"), but I find it too dusty and dry out there (it IS desert after all) and I like to contribute my fair share of funds to the event.....I and my friends usually head out there 1/2 hour before any unlimited race, then head back to the pits once the checkered flag has dropped and all the racers have cleared the track....

The easiest route I know is to get back on 395 north towards Susanville, then get off on Red Rock road (the next exit after Stead if coming from Reno).....follow Red Rock until you can see all the campers parked down near the edge of the track, and a rough dirt road leading down to them and the fenceline. Be prepared for the wind, dust and thirst, and be forewarned that there's no restroom facilities out there, short of a shovel and a hole in the ground!

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
              ... and be forewarned that there's no restroom facilities out there, short of a shovel and a hole in the ground!
              However, be aware that you must submit an Environmental Impact Study Report 3 years in advance of digging that hole.

Best to just take a couple of garbage bags and some latex gloves.

Go Bear!
              Don Hatten
              Last edited by hattend; 08-24-2004, 04:15 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

3 years at least!

Comment

Lol...With my "toxic waste", I'd probably never get a permit (heh heh).

I shuffled through some old back-stretch photos and came up with these two.....

(The old barbed-wire fence....Not enough to keep the morons off the racetrack...)

( That's Lefty in his Thunderbird P-51 )

(Another obstacle for photographers...telephone poles!)

(...but once in a while, you can get some good close-ups out there...)
                  Last edited by AirDOGGe; 08-24-2004, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Huh, Blind Man's Bluff actually did race. Avgas only?
                    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

awww you gave away the secret to thew fence line..oh well great pics guys keep the sites and pic coming. i getting really reved up for the races now. here is a few of mine
                      Attached Files
                      www.renosection3.com

Comment

ok i found another web site http://www.pbase.com/wjpearce/air_racing
                        www.renosection3.com

Comment

Ha! I get around. Good job finding my site Section3guy. That is actually the back door. The front door can be found here www.republicphoto.com. Sorry I have not replied sooner to your post, been busy. If you go to the "Links" page on my site you will find a good number of air racing websites. There are still more that I need to add/find. Anyway, glad you liked it, and thanks for the plug!

Bill Pearce
                          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                          Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Ive been to the fence before, There was no secret. I used to go out on the course (back in the 80's when you could) nothing compares to that.......nothing. But I got some new Fans coming with me this year and I want to treat them. Probobly watch the friday or saturday gold race out there. Other then that its gonna be watched from the sea of orange. Where do you sit Section3 guy? Im with the group up in the top left (If Yer standing down at the bottom and looking up.) The ones who bring the giant american flag. I cant F***ING wait.

Comment

Bill,
                              I've never seen your site untill last night. Awesome! Great photos! Easy to navigate. Super eBayer. AAA+++

Race 29
                              Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                              X