Your site rocks Wayne

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: 600 Members!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW, WOW!

Originally posted by Marauder61
    600 airplane nuts can you believe it?

Your site rocks Wayne

Victor.. it's "EWEGUYZ" site..!

Really, YOU GUYS are what have always made this site work.. EVERYONE can share and we all get to enjoy it..!!

Thanks for noticing the stufff the board keeps track of that I never look at.. Wish we could add a few zeros to the numbers... then maybe the guys who play at this sport could get a fair return on the cost of doing business! We all just gotta keep trying to grow the public knowledge of this sport!

With all that I've seen on TV and the net for the past 6 or 7 years, the fact that a few more people I meet here and there seem to maybe have "heard" of air racing but. It remains a game I'm just amazed that more people are not aware of!

Yet, everyone I introduce to the sport ALWAYS loves at least one part of it and seem to become involved long term...

I strongly suspect that the more who know, the more will know... OK.. nuff rambling!

Thanks again

Wayner
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That is so true! I am constantly recruiting people, and once they see it they always come back.
      I was at the Abbotsford Air Show last weekend and the announcer was talking about the Sea Fury, and how it used to be a "pylon racer". He said it a couple of times, and people all around us were saying "what's a pylon racer?"
      Of course I took it upon myself to enlighten anyone who would listen, and it sounds like a couple of them are going to come to Reno this year.
      We were thinking how great it would be if there were some sort of air racing booth at some of these air shows, to help people learn about the sport. Too expensive I guess.
      Tomorrow is family day at the Canadian Museum of Flight, so I will get to "enlighten" a few more people there!
      Cheers, Rachel

Comment

With all that I've seen on TV and the net for the past 6 or 7 years, the fact that a few more people I meet here and there seem to maybe have "heard" of air racing but. It remains a game I'm just amazed that more people are not aware of!
        I was at the Pacific Coast Air Musuem Air Show in Santa Rosa today and they had a biplane demonstration race, Big Bossman, September Pops, Speedball Alice, Lady Jo, Tom Camp's Wildcat, John Penney flying for the Patriots Jet Team, and John Bagley flying his P-63. The show announcer referenced Reno numerous times during the day when talking about all of the above. Hopefully many more are at least now wondering what Air Racing at Reno is all about.

Rick

Comment

Too bad some TV station such as ESPN, ESPN2, Speedvision, or even the Discovery Wings channel couldn't at least give a minor story the Monday after the Races. I think it would generate great intrest.
          Jarrod

Comment

Working...
          X