Houston, We May Have a Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston, We May Have a Problem

I have just heard from a little birdy Dago Red was test flown recently after installing the fresh mouse motor and something was not right. The motor has been returned to Hollister to find out what exactly is the problem. At this stage of the game this can not be a good thing. Not that it is terminal either. If anyone can get to the bottom of the problem it would be Kurch and the boys. This is a talented crew and they will have answers soon. But, if this glitch ends up to be long term the playing field will definately be leveled. Come on, you did not want this to be a one horse race, did you?? Stay tuned as we stir the pot for more info.

Re: Houston, We May Have a Problem

Hhhmmm
    Lets see, Dago? September Fury? Dreadnaught?
    I look into the future and see.... The Bear wins!
    and it's a three way shootout for 2nd between
    VooDoo, Czech Mate and Merlins Magic. Uh what?
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

The FM-2 Wildcat is looking better for the bronze

Comment

Seems kinda strange throwing a "green" engine in being so close to Reno. I would think the only things being done this time of the year would be fine tuning and be ready to rock! Unless, of course, there were some unforseen issues that required a new engine. I am hoping everything turn's out good for all and can't wait to see some bad arse racing in September!!!

Comment

Official word from Kerch is it lost a main and hurt the crank. The guys are thrashing to get her going again. Keep your fingers crossed.....

Comment

Bet it's just gamesmanship by the crew!.

Comment

DO NOT count any of these racers out entil the ramp spots are vacant come Sunday qualifying. All of these teams are dedicated to this sport and if at all possible they will be at Reno with a competitive racer. The Bear you say. There has been NO WORD from the Bear camp since June when they tested the four bladed prop. Is the Bear ready or are they also scrambling to get the cat ready for the campaign?? Some times no news is good news, but when it is this closse to post time the news should be flowing like water. If the dago team can not get their full blown race motor corrected in time this will certainly make it a any horse race. I can just see Dago, Sept fury and The Bear coming around the pylons three wide. Would that not be a race?!? And what of the others who are nearly as fast? Surely Voodoo and Ridge Runner have to be salivating knowing there is no racer that will simply be running away from the pack. It is looking like a good old fashion horse race in the making.

Dave

Comment

There is no way I would ever count any of them out. Dago has one of the best crews ever assembeld, they will get 'er done if it can be done at all. Hell Kerch, Dwight and crew could probably do a motor from scratch at this point and make it no prob. Same with The 232 crew, if it can be done at all, it will be done, and it will be fast.

Comment

I'd never count these guys out but.....

The wheels turn in the minds of both crews now. Does this put a bit of a chink in the armor of Dago? Might the crew or pilot be a little less confident in their power??

How bout on the other side of the fence, the meat eating predators are observant, the weakest one trips, all eyes are on the prey... they smell blood....

Sure Sure Sure.. play out one of the more interesting list of scenarios in many years and I don't get to be there!

Gonna count on you's guys/gals to keep it all up to date for us this time... We'll have some "staffers" there but I've pretty much made up my mind, I'm just gonna be sittin this year out...

Gonna be REAL interesting!

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I hope you hang on to your plane tickets, Wayne, cuz you just might feel the need for speed, or the urge to hear the sound of round!!
                    Take care of yourself first, but we sure hope to see you there!!
                    Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by dineega
                      I hope you hang on to your plane tickets, Wayne, cuz you just might feel the need for speed, or the urge to hear the sound of round!!
                      Take care of yourself first, but we sure hope to see you there!!
                      Rachel
                      Oh Man Rachel, trust me, I got the neeed !

I might even actually "feel" good enough to give it a go.. the biggest problem would be being confined in the bird for the trip down. I'm gonna be one very vulnerable creature about that time.. I am right now actually...

Anyway, aint over till the "lady of size" sings....

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
                        DO NOT count any of these racers out.
                        The Bear you say.
                        I can just see Dago, Sept fury and The Bear coming around the pylons three wide. Would that not be a race?!? Dave
                        Chill PB I was just havin a little fun.
                        And are you kidding who wouldn't want to see Dago, Bear and September Fury tip to tip on Sunday? even all weekend.
                        Hey don't tell anyone but I'd kinda like to see September Fury win this year. I'm not a fan of any one racer I'm a fan of them all!

Wayne, man you need to go, even if you just hang in the shade some where. The sights, the sounds and the smell of racing planes would do your heart and soul some good right?
                        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Heck wayne, Even if you only come down for sunday i can do a pickup at the airport and hide you out overnight i alwase end up with a 2 bed room

Curt

Comment

Wayne -

If you can make it to the fence we'll get you to the box and keep you full of fluids and electrolytes (beer and jerky).
                            Take care,
                            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Curt
                              Heck wayne, Even if you only come down for sunday i can do a pickup at the airport and hide you out overnight i alwase end up with a 2 bed room

Curt
                              Maaaaaan... you guys are almost makin my eyes leak here!

Seriously!

Despite everything I'm gonna say here, I **could** still show up but I'm just trying to be realistic.

Not gonna turn this into a "manual" of what happens when they radiate your neck and throat area, particularly, when they do it in harmony with a few select fuel additives.....

But...

Realistically, knowing how nasty I've been feeling, for some reason, particularly on the weekends, you know, the two days I DON'T get any sort of treatment... (go figure) The two days that are my window of opportunity are immediately after my last treatment...

Likely my resistance to any other disease would be beyond pond scum... at that point I'm even on a "avoid crowds" gig right now, so...

Trying to be "Adult" about it.. I wanna go so friggin bad I can't see straight.. But.... it'd be stupid for me to go 500 miles away from my health care system at the end of a really rigerous 7 week treatment thing, aint gonna be a real smart thing for me to do....

But you guys and gals, and those of you who have called or emailed... and those who have promised to keep my phone line hot with details every day of the event... you ARE gonna make my eyes leak here!

I love you guys and thank you for the support you've all given me! I'm gonna be looking back, smiling and laughing about this year, next year, and for many more to come!

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X