Fun at the Abbotsford Air Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun at the Abbotsford Air Show

Just got home from the Abbotsford Air Show. What a nice primer for Reno.
    Highlights for me were seeing the B-17 Flying Fortress (Sentimental Journey) hook up with a P-51 Mustang, a Sea Fury, and three Harvards.
    And Kent Pietsch landing his Cadet on an ice cream truck!! And then they turned around and took off from the ice cream truck! Great flying as always from Kent.
    Jimmy Franklin with the Jet Waco put on a great show, as did Jim Leroy and Bulldog. Hornets, Eagles, and Warthogs. Snowbirds in fine form as well.
    Geez, maybe I'll go back tomorrow...
    counting the minutes til Reno

Re: Fun at the Abbotsford Air Show

I used to go to that show all the time. My grandparents live near there. In 1986 my family flew up to watch the show, flew in late in the afternoon and landed between the Antonov AN224 and a C5A. Upon landing, we were directed out across the infield to visitor parking, but we never quite got there. Instead we found a hole and burried the prop of out Cessna 175 in the dirt. The hole was no marked, and looked like they had just pulled a telephone pole out of it. It was rather large, and blended in well in the tall grass. Needless to say my dad was not happy, but we got to park in the warbird parking ( a Sea Fury on one side and a P51 on the other) When SONY made a video of the show they panned across the show line and there was N7177M sitting there with no prop on it. It was pretty funny. Our plane was sitting there for the entire show.

Will

Comment

Working...
    X