Plane or pilot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane or pilot?

In an issue of AC skip Holm claims that Dago Red is not the fastest aircraft in Reno, but that he flies a better coarse. If this is true, which plane would out fly Dago if piloted by Holm?

Re: Plane or pilot?

I think Skip would be competitive in Tom Camp's Wildcat, to tell the truth.

Comment

Maybe Precious Metal

Comment

Don't even go there, Jarrod.

That plane needs a LOT of work to be faster than Dago. Trust me. Under the best of circumstances, the best time it has ever turned in was a 450+ qualifying lap in 1988. It never reached speeds close to that in competition, and well, it just needs a lot of work to bring it even into the realm of the 'fast' racers.

Don't let the big engine and fancy propellers fool you.

Comment

Today, it can only be the Bear or Sept. Fury. Maybe Voodoo in full-race form, or Strega when it was active. But today, only two possible choices.
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
            Don't even go there, Jarrod.

That plane needs a LOT of work to be faster than Dago. Trust me. Under the best of circumstances, the best time it has ever turned in was a 450+ qualifying lap in 1988. It never reached speeds close to that in competition, and well, it just needs a lot of work to bring it even into the realm of the 'fast' racers.

Don't let the big engine and fancy propellers fool you.
            Hehe, thanks Speedy.

The Bear, 323 and there are a few others that have shown some potential to go very fast, Merlin's Magic is one and who knows what Dreadnaught could do if they ever took her out of cruise control, lol
            http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
            http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Skip has also had stick time in the Bear and knows what it is capable of, I have also had off the record conversations with him and both agree.
              John Slack

Comment

Working...
              X