Aviation-related quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation-related quotes

You may have seen these before, but if not, I hope you enjoy them like I did....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep the aeroplane in such an attitude that the air pressure is directly in the pilot’s face. - Horatio C. Barber, 1916

When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten. - Robert Livingston, “Flying The Aeronca”

I hope you either take up parachute jumping or stay out of single-motored airplanes at night. - Charles A. Lindbergh, to Wiley Post, 1931

Never fly the “A” model of anything. - Ed Thompson

Never fly anything that doesn’t have the paint worn off the rudder pedals - Harry Bill

Keep thy airspeed up, less the earth come from below and smite thee. - William Kershner

Instrument flying is when your mind gets a grip on the fact that there is vision beyond sight. - U.S. Navy “Approach” magazine, circa W.W.II.

The Cub is the safest airplane in the world; it can just barely kill you. - attributed to Max Stanley, Northrop test pilot

If you’re faced with a forced landing, fly the thing as far into the accident as possible. – Bob Hoover

If an airplane is still in one piece, don’t cheat on it. Ride the bastard down. - Ernest K. Gann,

“Though I Fly Through The Valley Of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I Am 80,000 Feet And Climbing”. - Sign over the entrance to the SR-71 Op office at Kadena AB, Okinawa

You’ve never been lost until you’ve been lost at Mach 3. - Paul F Crickmore,

The emergencies you train for almost never happen. It’s the one you can’t train for that kills you. - Ernest K. Gann, advice from the “old pelican”

Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you. – Richard Herman Jr., “Firebreak”

An airplane might disappoint any pilot but it’ll never surprise a good one - Len Morgan

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and good bowel movement. -- The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

(A DC-9 captain trainee attempting to check out on the “glass cockpit” of an A-320.) "Now I know what a dog feels like watching TV."

It’s better to break ground and head into the wind than to break wind and head into the ground.

Unknown landing signal officer to carrier pilot after his sixth unsuccessful landing attempt: "You’ve got to land here, son, this is where the food is."
Working...
X