Been "Away"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been "Away"

I've been "down" for a few days and noticed a few threads that I'd like to respond to but, unfortunately, I'm just too damn sick right now to spend the time sitting up..

I'm sure by now all of you know I'm going in for chemo/radiation on my throat.. the procedure requires the "installation" of a new NASCAR style "fast filler" fuel tube.. err.. I mean... an alternative fuel source... err.. well, what I mean is, they stick a 1/4 inch tube into yer gut and yer supposed to "eat" a formula through it during chemo/radiation.. Though I don't start the treatments till this coming Monday, the installation is enough of a trauma, they require a few days prior install before they can begin..

It's all supposed to be a pretty "easy" in and out procedure.. I'll spare the details but let's just say, the doctor slightly missed on the internal gasket, his nurse forgot that I was not to have carbonated beverages post surgery and gave me a 7-UP on request and the rest was a terrible bout of pain and fever and a bunch of crap and a night in the hospital that could/should be described as HELL!

42 hours without a thing to eat and my hypoglycmia went nuts as well and I really had to just about buy my way out of the hospital to get home so I could actually eat... (you can't leave till you can keep stuff down, thanks to Beer Nazi, I was able to "keep down my samples" <she ate them for me> )

I'm now doing MUCH better and will be back on later today... I feel like a mule kicked me in the gut, but I'm eating and getting back my strength..

Thanks to all for your prayers and messages of support! I truly do love this sport and all the fine people I've met during my years in it!

FastFuelerWayner
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Been &quot;Away&quot;

undefined
    Wayne:

I am sorry to here of your illness. You have my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Stay on the mend. Hope to see you soon.

Ervan

Comment

Wayne,

Me too, certainly alarming to hear that therapy name. Well all the best and watch out those soda drinks.

God bless you and let's hope everything goes well.

Juke T
      http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Flat beer for awhile Wayne.
        All the best!

Leo

Comment

Flat beer for awhile Wayne.
          All the best.

Leo
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
            the procedure requires the "installation" of a new NASCAR style "fast filler" fuel tube.. err.. I mean... an alternative fuel source... err.. well, what I mean is, they stick a 1/4 inch tube into yer gut and yer supposed to "eat" a formula through it during chemo/radiation..

I don't suppose you can take a Nitrous Oxide injection through that system, can you?

Comment

Wayne, All the best on a speedy return. I'm glad to hear your doing & feeling better. It was good to finally get a chance to meet you at PRS. You are in our prayers and I hold a cold one for ya.

Take care, Dave
              Dave

Comment

Godspeed Mate!
                Tom Campau & The Crew of Mystical Power

Comment

Wayners,
                  God Speed and remember, God only hands out what you can handle, believe in that and you can .
                  And for your Care Giver ,
                  Beer Nazi,
                  God bless you for your courage and love to hang in there (cheat). You have now taken on a challenge like no other, voluntarily, remember that! when you need a break or shoulder to cry on, CALL somebody, anybody and ask....E-mail us even, we love the man as well, kinda, sorta!

Sorry but I just lost my father-in-law/friend because it just got to damn hard and his damn pride was too high to ask again, we think, but I'll never know.
                  ECVSteve
                  E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
                  Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

You are in my Prayers - I had no idea. God Bless you and your recovery. Regards, Duggy.

Comment

Wayne,

Hang in there buddy were all rootin for ya.
                      Can you inject NOS into flat beer for bubbles? Hhhhmmm might have to try that myself.
                      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Wayne, sorry to hear about your illness. Hope you are getting along better. All the best to you, Wayne!

Best regards,

Kurt Heilbronner

Comment

Hang in there Wayne. You got a lot of people pulling for ya!

Get yourself better again and we'll see this September in Reno.

Rick

Comment

Very sorry to hear about this. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you my friend....

Comment

I hope that everything goes well for you in the future. I hope that you get better and I hope that I see you in September. The best of luck to you.
                              "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X