Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Rininger

september(!) air and space smithsonian,sightings section
    has some nice pictures by Tyson.way to go Tyson!!!

Re: Tyson Rininger

Originally posted by lowpasskid
    september(!) air and space smithsonian,sightings section
    has some nice pictures by Tyson.way to go Tyson!!!
    It's actually the August/September 2004 issue of A&S Smithsonian, and not only is Tyson Rininger represented therein, but so are Wayne Sagar and Bill Pearce (see p 13). There's glory for you; nice work, all!

Would you guys mind explaining what you went through to get your words and pictures published in the magazine?

Somehow, it had escaped my notice that Nemesis NXT is a two-place airplane. Looks cozy.
    SteveZ

Comment

Re: Tyson Rininger

Originally posted by Kilo Hotel
      It's actually the August/September 2004 issue of A&S Smithsonian, and not only is Tyson Rininger represented therein, but so are Wayne Sagar and Bill Pearce (see p 13). There's glory for you; nice work, all!

Would you guys mind explaining what you went through to get your words and pictures published in the magazine?

Somehow, it had escaped my notice that Nemesis NXT is a two-place airplane. Looks cozy.
      Kilo Hotel... I can only explain how I did/do it.... One time a couple years ago, I found myself with the only "commercial grade" shots of a really media hot airplane. I looked up a few editorial contacts... (not hard but "trade secret" <sort of>)

Sent in the samples and sold a few images. Last time round, I was "chatting" with one of those editors, had totally figured they had someone there at NXT rollout, they did not, I asked the answer was yes and Bill and I got to split some glory. In truth, it was a last minute deadline, I busted word count by a bit, I've not done a word for word comparison and the story sounds something like what I submitted..

I'm happy, a couple dollars richer, a VERY good young photographer got a break and much more of the world got to see the NXT when Jon and Trish wanted it seen.

Straight up, getting published is probably not all that hard if you are persistant. The pay rate per shots like the one of Bills and the few words I threw at it are not really a joke if you manage to do enough of them per month... but.... Ask Tyson sometime how well he's eating

And here's another but, but a lesson I was taught by a couple hardened pros... We're all pretty good, those of us who've gone the extra mile or three to get good stuff and chase the airplanes.... so here's the lesson.

Remember, every time you're asked to "give" a shot to an ink and paper, for sake, publication, you'e very likely taking a meal or more off of someone else's table.

Hope any of the above made sense... if not, please, totally ignore it or delete it if the board will let you..

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X