Miss america

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss america

Hi everyone. I have noticed that the Miss America support trailer is near the Tulsa Jones Riverside airport in Tulsa. Has Miss America moved to Tulsa or is she still in OKC. I havent seen her flying around. Hope anyone can chime in. Thanks in advance. BR

Re: Miss america

they might be doing a show somewhere.
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Hmmmmm...I tried to visit the Miss America home page at http://www.missa.com/ to check for info, but the link seems to have died...Either there's a new address, or else the owner no longer has a home page...

MUSTANGSMUSTANGS.COM has a small note stating that the plane is down for repairs, but the page was last updated in May, and may not be current:
      P-51 Mustang Survivors: Survivor Home. World War II, North American P-51A, P-51B, P-51C, P-51D, P-51H, F-51D, F-51H Mustang survivor in civilian ownership

Comment

Miss america

The last I heard MissA was at the airshow at Oklahoma City a couple of weeks ago, she stayed in her hanger as the good Dr. did not want to expose the new paintjob to the weather that day. If I remember I did hear that she flew during the show however. (don't quote me on that one)

fair winds

Comment

It is not under repair anymore. They were at Reno last year, naked and basically unpainted. It has been repainted in the familiar red, white, and blue and should be at Reno this year, barring a mishap before then.

Comment

"It has been repainted in the familiar red, white, and blue"
            Well, ALMOST familiar, although much more cool IMHO reference the following link:
            Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

She flew at the airshow in muskogee oklahoma a few months ago. She was looking in tip top shape.
              a&p

Comment

The new paint job is the same as 1974?
                Jarrod

Comment

The tail is different.
                  http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                  http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

You can see the paint differences by comparing photos at these sites;

1974 paint (COX logo)

Old paint - (no cox logo):

New paint (tail changed):
                    P-51 Mustang Survivors: Survivor Home. World War II, North American P-51A, P-51B, P-51C, P-51D, P-51H, F-51D, F-51H Mustang survivor in civilian ownership

Comment

Glad to report Miss A is doing well, awaiting race engine from R.S. This will be a good year.

BHisey

Comment

I think I liked the old tail better but I don't like change. It will take a little getting used too. Glad to hear everything is running smoothly.
                        Jarrod

Comment

I have to agree about the new tail paint (wasn't this an old topic?).

The original paint lines are long, swooping curves that compliment the increasing-radius curves of the Mustang's fuselage itself. They give me a sensation of speed, even sitting still on the ramp.

The new graphics take a weird sudden "jog", like an abstract flag flapping in the wind, and disturb the flow of the lines to my eyes.

...I prefer the old design, and not because it was used first...The new one just doesn't do anything for me.....No offense meant to the owners...

---------------------

Slightly off-topic....How many members and visitors here has a Cox gas-model version of Miss America when they were kids? (raises his own hand).

I had one in the very early 70's (amazing the history of this long-loved bird), but it didn't last long, due to a severe lack of control line flying skills back then...

Comment

The old one had a racier touch. This new one makes it look like a "slower" paint job. Someone who likes it let us know. I liked the old one better but that's just my thought.
                            Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
                              I have to agree about the new tail paint (wasn't this an old topic?).
                              Why yes it was and that was what prompted me to go see her for myself in February, for the pictures in the gallery below the 1974 gif.
                              The original paint lines are long, swooping curves that compliment the increasing-radius curves of the Mustang's fuselage itself. They give me a sensation of speed, even sitting still on the ramp.
                              I like it. If you look at the tail-on shot, you can see that alot of thought went into how the lines align. I can't wait to see it in the air. I am sure it looks good.

Slightly off-topic....How many members and visitors here has a Cox gas-model version of Miss America when they were kids? (raises his own hand).
                              ME, ME! PICK ME! OH! OH! ME! I DID! Of course I started flying with the PT-19 HAH! I wish I still had it. DANG!
                              Bill
                              http://airraceaddict.com
                              Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Working...
                              X