Furias Sits out 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furias Sits out 2004

Boy... well, I'd like to say that Bill Rogers told me today that he was "down to paintin' ground equipment" but... when I called to confirm his brother's phone number, trying to track down the wonderful C-47 that Terry worked on a couple years back, that I saw at SnF 2003, and am trying to get to Nellis for 2004.... I heard something else....

Furias will NOT be at Reno 2004... it's not a bad thing mind you... just a "timing" thing.. Bill told me today, and I hope I'm not violating any confidindialites between friends, that they were in the process of rebuilding the tail and adding a second seat, and would not, I repeat NOT be ready for 2004, so would be sitting it out this year..

Bill and "company" will be there but strictly as spectators for this time round..

Bill, I sincerely hope that I've not viloated the usual "can I print this?" trust that we have, because, I simply forgot to ask ya.. but, after talking with Terry, I'm hoping to maybe see you, with or without airplane, at Nellis in November to honor the D Day Vets, maybe, one last time!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Furias Sits out 2004

Sounds like a small field for 2004. Kindda depressing aint it?

Comment

anyone know when the entry list comes out?

Comment

Rhino is out for 2004 too...both airplanes wont be ready in time without rushing things...so it would be nice to see who is making it....hopefully a more positive list to look at instead of who "aint" makin it.
        Randy Rheinschild
        www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

A short list but hopefully a very fast list .
          Lets all hope for no more dropouts
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Heres a list of who I can possibly think of being there in no particular order

1.Dago
            2.Bear
            3.232(maybe, still no engine)
            4.Dreadnought(maybe, still no engine)
            5.Czech
            6.Ridge Runner
            7.Voodoo(maybe, still no engine and who's gonna fly her?)
            8.Spirit of Texas(new texas flag paint scheme)
            9.Riff Raff
            10.Fury
            11.Miss A
            13.Dutchman
            14.Cloud Dancer
            15.Bearcat
            16.Miracle Maker
            17.Merlins Magic
            18.Speedball
            19.Lady Jo
            20.Joe Tohbol Special
            21.Anya
            22.wildcat
            23.BIG BOSSMAN
            24.Precious Metal
            25.Sparky
            26.Argonaut

I might of missed one or two. Seems like we'll be a few Sea Furys short this year.

Comment

Hoping that Holbrook Maslen's Yak race #88 "The Night Witch" will make her racing debut. Maybe Gary Hubler will race this one since he won't have his Furias ride.

Comment

Sigh.....

What happened to the 'good old days'? Anyone remember the over 3 dozen Unlimiteds they stuffed into the pits in 1988? Off the top of my head, only 10 of the planes from that field are 'active' racers this year. :-(

Comment

I have been a Air race fan for over 20 years. In last few years I have come to realize that this activity will not last. Parts availability, aging air frames, and the sheer cost of maintaining these aircraft will lead to its extinction. We can see that this has already started. When was the last year when Dago Red, Rare Bear and Strega were in the same field? Remember when there were F4U's that competed? Don't we all miss Lefty? So we should enjoy it while we can. See you on the flight line in about nine weeks!

Chuck Luce
                  Campbell, CA

Comment

Working...
                  X