Hangar Space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangar Space?

I'm looking for some place to hangar my Glasair III during the races. Any suggestions?

LoopsLP@msn.com

Re: Hangar Space?

Your chances of landing at Stead are slim to none during race week. You can try arranging for a hangar at Reno Int'l; there are a couple of FBOs. OTOH, we flew into Fallon Muni and put the bird in a hangar there during the races last year; call Fallon Airmotive 775-423-3756 and talk to Walt. Walt and his crew were very helpful: hangar, rental car, and they did an oil change for us while we were at the races. It's only an hour's drive over the hill to Reno.

It's a funky old airport, used today primarily for crop dusting. The big hangar's old doors were jammed in the open position, but it kept the sun off. Here's a photo of my buddy Stuart and the motorglider in front of the hangar at Fallon:

-or-

As an added bonus Fallon Muni is adjacent to Fallon NAS (with lots of interesting fast movers), so if you're coming from the south or southeast call Fallon Navy Approach and get clearance through the restricted airspace.
    SteveZ

Comment

Working...
    X