New Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Videos

Hey guys, I just had some new video clips put up on the Semtember Pops website. Let me know what you think.

Jason S
    Jason Schillereff

Re: New Videos

Looks good!!! Fury was moving pretty damn good in the mayday vid. To bad she couldn't finish.

Comment

.....great videos !

.....now I'm hurting again,wishin' I could have been there....

More,.......more,........more...........
      Mayday51
      Jim Gallagher

Comment

Loved the clip of the two Tigercats In sted of the old T-28 class they should have a F7F class Lets see R2800's x 2 x 9 That would sound awsome.
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Jason,

The site really looks great, fantastic content & photos. Can you clue me in on what's going on with the SP team and Randy? I've noticed some subtle changes in the history pages and crew details. I heard that he's no longer with the team? Best of luck,
          Chris

Comment

Yeah great site !

I was checking that mayday flight and wondered how fast was it going half a lap before the engine blew ? It looked like it was really cranking !

Any info of the top speed on that lap ?

best regards,

Juke T / Oulu
            http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

The problem with an all F7F class is that there are too few of them around. Would sound cool though.
              Jarrod

Comment

AMAZING FOOTAGE!!!!

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the input.

Chris300s: Yes they have done a great job with the site. I haven’t talked with Sue since before they went to PRS and my move to Oregon, but from what I’ve been told is that Sept. Fury is ready and waiting on the almost finished engine, and both Bossman and Pops are ready to go. I’ll get with Sue and find out any new details ASAP. And about Randy, the only thing I was told is that he has moved on to new things, so I wish him the best. He was a natural around the pylons, especially last years silver race when he kept that tight line around the pylons forcing Miss A to fly wide around the pylons.

Juke: I have heard that some people were calculating his half lap speed at around 508mph; but that was an educated guess. I know Mike was pissed that it broke there and not at home pylon at least getting him in the books. When they towed the plane back to the ramp I overheard Mike saying, “lets put a new cylinder on, we have another one in the trailer”. But when they found out that it was the cylinder with the master rod they knew they would have to tear down the motor.

One thing that was interesting was listing to Mike walk us through every second of the flight while we were watching the video just after the mayday. How, to me especially, he made it look like an easy (oh I just blew up now I’ll land over there thing) but in fact it was more of a VERY close call. If you watch the video again just after it blew he did the typical pull up for altitude thing, but just as he did that the cockpit filled with smoke and he was flying blind. All he knew was that he was in a left turn still and pulling up. He needed to get the canopy open but at about the time he was flying over my head he couldn’t get the seat to unlock and come to the up position. He started telling himself “If you don’t get this seat up Mike your going to die”, and about then it finally unlocked and popped up. On his roll out he was very hot and when he went out of view I was worried he would go off the runway and have to ground loop it to keep it from going off the cliff. I told him about this and he laughed and said hell no I just got this painted I don’t want to mess it up. The plane was well oiled down and had little metal shavings all down both sides of the Fuselage. You could also see where small chunks of the cylinder hit the leading edge of the right side horizontal and dented it in a little. Well that’s about it for now, cheer him on when Reno comes around, he’s a hell of a guy and has brought a lot to this sport lately.
                  Jason
                  Jason Schillereff

Comment

Truly a helluva experience it must have been. Can't wait to Sept! My cousin and I are taking up his Dad's 30 foot motorhome. Looking foward to meeting yall there! My cousin has the lot number where we will be located. Ill post it when I get it from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S.
                      Hey guys, thanks for the input.

Chris300s: And about Randy, the only thing I was told is that he has moved on to new things, so I wish him the best.
                      Jason
                      Another post about a month ago, I think on WAP, said that Randy Bailey will be managing the three MB race A/C and did not feel comfortable both managing and flying. A consistent trait of old bold pilots is good judgement!

Somewhat old, working on the bold! Peas
                      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
                      X