Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitfire pics

Wayne & Mark,

June 2002 copy of National Geographic mag has a shot of 3 Spitfires (owned/restored by Karel Bos in England)(?) it occurs about the 16th leave (about pge 31-32).(I tried to find on their site,but can't seem to locate it)

Amazing composition,seems the near mirror image of one of your shots Mark !
    You both have nothing to hide. Your talents compare quite favorably with their presentations.

You guys just do some amazing stuff. Thanks again for bringing us our "fixes",they keep us going between real doses.
    Mayday51
    Jim Gallagher

The website you are looking for is http://www.historicflying.co.uk/ I was fortunate enough to look after TD248 the Silver low back Merlin powered Spit 16 with the bold red stripe (41 squadron markings for a post war air race in the UK) prior to Karel Bos buying it. They've done some good work over the years and the original founders should be congratulated for getting all the Spitfires down from poles and RAF station gates and preserving them.

Comment

Thanks Chris_UK,

I have followed that link through Nt'l Geo and they have some nice planes and pics.
      They do not have the pic I refer to though. This pic show three Spits (R to L) with a five bladed prop one rearmost to the camera.

Your country has many wonderful keepers of history, I am envious of the wonderful peices kept.

....How about leading us to more?....Thanks...
      Mayday51
      Jim Gallagher

Comment

Re: Spitfire pics

Here's a couple dark ones
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mustang5151; 04-26-2008, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X