White Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Lightning

White Lightning was badly wrecked a few years back and they were still looking for money last year to fix it. If and when they do fix it will it be flying and maybe race again. My guess is it will be flying but not racing.

Re: White Lightning

from what i've heard ladd gardner, lefty's son, was thinking about racing it, but that's nothing solid, just a rumor.

may i ask how old you are? you've got quite an interest in this sport...
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Can I say? With White Lightinn, it's going to be all about bux. If Ladd can convince his beloved dad, Lefty, to keep the dream afloat, it's going to take a hurculean effort by them and .... Us... the fans to make it happen.

So... that said, I pass the hat that gets me so much static elsehwhere... if you want to see White Lightnin on the course again, or even on the airshow circuit.

Folks. It's up to you. As with Rare Bear, the fans can make a HUGE difference. We, can make it happen...

Go to http://p38whitelightnin.com/ look around, I think we've set up a place where you can put your wallets where your pinkes type, donate five or ten bucks. A half a fifth of Cureveo... a couple six packs.. can you afford it?

Bet you can.!

Go, go there.. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Hey... just a thought from the trenches..

Wayner
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

How about an update there Wayner... I'll send a couple of buck for the cause but the site looks the same as it did last year. Is it still hanging from the crane straps or has that flatbed moved since 2003?

Chris

Comment

I've given $100/year the last two years when I've seen Lefty and Ladd in Reno. I'll have to send them a check this year since I'm too far away now (east coast) and won't make the races

Comment

A couple of 'newer' photos of White Lightning can be found here...

Comment

In answering matts question I'm 16. Apparently not much younger than you.
              Jarrod

Comment

Hey look at that, matt....someone to step in and fill your shoes! :-)

Comment

what do you mean by that? How old are you? (you don't have to answer)
                  Jarrod

Comment

ya speed, but as i explained to him in pm, he's approaching the races and it's message boards in a lot better way than i did.

j-rod (hehe, sorry, had to >;^)> , meet up with me this year, be good to put a face to the name, hard to miss me, big tall guy with long hair, shades and most likely a bright (and i do mean bright) green precious metal shirt. might wear my official ramp rat hat for a day or two just to annoy mark, lol.
                    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

I know what you mean by bright green. I have one too. Big fan?

Comment

ya, and a team member. that helps too
                        heh heh alriiiight

Comment

So what exactaly do you do? Also are they thinking of putting the traditional slide back type canopy on, like Dago Red and Strega.
                          Jarrod

Comment

i wax, lol. i can't really say what ron is planning, that's ron's job
                            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
                              big tall guy with long hair.

I'm tellin' ya, matt-man. Chicks don't dig it when your hair is longer than theirs.

Everybody sing...."Get a haircut, and get a real job...."

Yer so purdy...... :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X