Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone beat Gary Hubler and Mariah in IF1 class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone beat Gary Hubler and Mariah in IF1 class?

I know that Formula One class don't get a lot of attention on this web site, but the class is one of the most inovative and competative at the air races. I was just wondering if anyone in the field could beat Hubler and Race 95 Mariah? I know living in Idaho and knowing Gary personally and also some of the Scotty Krandlmeir (sorry for the spelling) crew that he thought he had a real shot at Gary in last years gold. Please give me some feedback on any others that might have a chance to challenge for this years IF1 gold championship.

Re: Can anyone beat Gary Hubler and Mariah in IF1 class?

Where is Neal and Brigitta when you really need them???? MG

Comment

It's hard to say. Mariah is big, heavy, and generally looks a little rough. On the other hand it has a great wing and a wonderful engine. The Mariah guys did some consulting with Jack Wells and Don Sanford of AeroMag and Nemesis fame, added lots of their own ideas and have come up with a monster engine. Gary has been doing this for 15 years now, and is really good at it.

There are several airplanes that seem almost to the current Mariah level, such as Scotty's #12 and Charlie Greer's #69, that are very fast, but so far have seemed 4 or 5 mph slower, and less reliable. Most of the exciting new projects have been put aside or have had problems. Dan Gilbert is working on a promising design in Michigan but is unlikely to fly enough before Reno to be ready to race.

I think Mariah looks very good for this year...

Wingman
      Attached Files

Comment

Where's Nemesis when you need it...To this day it would be no contest. Hopefully RARA will adjust up the Nemesis speeds to reflect the "new course measurement". At last check the old Nemesis would still have all the records. What would Nemesis be at right now about 13 in a row?

Comment

Working...
        X