Back in Wisconsin again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in Wisconsin again

Back to my home state and the land of cheese again yesterday. The T-Birds were the main attraction. I was not blessed with great light in the afternoon, but some are ok.

The first couple are of the now Wisconsin based Miss Merced, last seen at Reno in 2000. I asked when it would be back, and the pilot stated he would probably be at Reno, but the Sea Fury will most likely not be. Donna-Mite was also in attendance. I also included some of the Stearman's.

If you notice a 2 seat F-16 in the diamond, your not seeing things. On the first maneuver for the 4 diamond pilots, two of the four suffered possible bird strikes. Both #2 and #3 had to land, and use the backup planes.
    Attached Files

Re: Back in Wisconsin again

Nice shots Tim!

Great to see Miss Merced again. Any indication by the owner if/when the plane would be back at Reno?

The T-birds seem to be having their share of maintenance problems. When I saw them a month ago the #4 plane wasn't there and the spare flew the slot from the start. Also, during the show one of the solos had a gear malfunction during the Wing Walk pass that forced an emergency landing. I've got quite of a few shots of the three ship diamond formation, dubbed the "Triangle" by my son.

Rick

Comment

He did not really say when he would be back. I'm sure like most, it is choice of how much money do I really have to spend to race without sponsorship of any kind.

Comment

Great to see Miss Merced out in the sun. Glad that the motor is in the plane and not on the ground as the truck pulls away. And... blue sky in WI? You lucky guy.

Thanks for sharing.

Bill
        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Working...
        X