Flame Dance - In Praise of Image Stabilazition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame Dance - In Praise of Image Stabilazition

Had some pretty good access to engine runs at or just at dark down at PRS with the Rare Bear crew...

This one's shot at an amazing 1/6 of a second, while I'm getting beat up pretty badly by the prop wash...

One of the things I've always been good at.. (in fact, I'm really a pretty ignorant "photographer") is being a fairly good "human tripod"...

This is a freehand shot and really shows the ability of VR or IS, in this case, the Nikon 24-120VR lens that I sprung for when I bought my new body.

I'll add some more as time allows.. I think I can edit and add more images to a message..

Second shot was taken at 1/4 second, again free hand... I did have "Photo Matt" of the Rare Bear team leaning against me to attempt to help me from being blown over... I'm actually surprised that any of these turned out... and that I can still hear today! (no ear protection about 20' away from an engine run, right behind the stacks... ouch!)
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Flame Dance - In Praise of Image Stabilazition

By the looks of the side of that airplane, your VR lense should be well lubricated!!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
      By the looks of the side of that airplane, your VR lense should be well lubricated!!
      Actually, we've had this discussion here before.. when the airplane first starts, it literally pukes oil out of the cylinders via the stacks.. once it warms up, particularly when under power, it's clean as a whistle....

For the initiated, there's something in what I just wrote..

(that was directed at the guy who insists that an engine can't make power if it burns oil "like the Rare Bear does"...)

Wayner
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Nice pictures especially for the punishement you must have taken! Get your daily intake of prop wash?...heheh

Comment

At least prop wash is better than nitro fumes. Nothing like a sniff of nitro to clear the nostrils up!!

Comment

A little sway off topic.
            I used to work security at the start line at the old Sears Point raceway, stood about 20 feet away. When the top fuel or funnies ran, the exhaust fumes would burn your skin, eyes, nose, throat,; nasty stuff. That first whiff is great, after that...
            And the engines at power would be so loud your vision would blur.

Never get tired of that avgas smell tho!
            Awesome shots Wayne, as usual.

Leo
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
            X