Treat Williams circles the pylons at PRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treat Williams circles the pylons at PRS

If you were in luck on Saturday during the Reno Pylon Seminar you were able to see famed actor Treat Williams. Ken Dwelle took Williams up for a ride in AT-6 World War II trainer. Mr Williams stared in films like "The Phantom", "Mulholland Falls", "The Devils Own", and "The late Shift".

Re: Treat Williams circles the pylons at PRS

He also starred in one of my favs......."1941"

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

As I understand it Mr. Williams may be at Reno come September racing in the T-6 class. Anyone know if he was successful in getting his qualification certificate?? It was a treat to see him around the course and on the ramp.

Dave

Comment

Which of the T-6's was Treat flying?

Rick

Comment

Actor Williams drops out of air race competition

Link To RGJ.COM story below.

http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html...6/20/73626.php

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
            Actor Williams drops out of air race competition

Link To RGJ.COM story below.

http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html...6/20/73626.php
            Well, I'd say "that's too bad" but... this is the kind of attitude you'll find among racers, that is extremely common and admirable!

I heard from guys at Reno that Treat was doing really well... his decision shows that he's going to approach this with caution and develop his skills to a level he's comfortable with... Wow...!

Now, in the photo below, I apologized for sticking a lens in Treat's face and his comment was "that's ok, I'm used to it, that's what I do, get lenses pointed at me"... a VERY genial man and truly one of my favorite actors.. I loved him in several and notable was his performance of the "nut" in the almost forgotten classic "1941" also starring Dan Ackroid and John Belushi... Robert Stack.. and what was the name of that beauty that Treat had such a... ahem hardon for in the movie??
            Attached Files
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
              Well, I'd say "that's too bad" but... this is the kind of attitude you'll find among racers, that is extremely common and admirable!
              I'd venture to say that it's *far* from common for people in the aviation business to *ever* admit their weaknesses. Good on Treat...if only more pilots would have honest assessments of their own skills like that, we'd have a lot less incidents going on. Definitely a role model in that respect.

Comment

Working...
              X