Fridat at PRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridat at PRS

The Unlimted division of the school was pretty much a Sanders and Brown airshow. In the morning session Mike Brown flew his Hawker Sea Fury 911 while Dennis Sanders piloted the Gruman F7F Tigercat arround the pylons and Dan Vance was at the controls of the Sanders family Sea Fury "Aeronaught". The only difference in the afternoon session was Mike and Dennis traded airplanes while Dan continued to put some time on the Sanders family Hawker Sea Fury.

The "Rare Bear" crew spendt the day getting the Gruman Bear Cat ready for Saturday. They have the new carb mounted and plan to runj it up on the ramp tommorrow. Bob Button's P-51 Mustang was still parked in the RARA hangar without it's engine. Ron Buccanelli and his crew spendt the day working on the Griffon motor of his P-51 Mustang "Precious Metal".

The following pilots were participating in the first ever jet class training. Kurt Brown was providing the instruction.

Matt Jackson
    Bob Button
    Dave Morss
    Jim O'Neil
    John Bagely
    Sal Robino
    Terry Sonday
    Mike Delcamp
    Rich Vandam

Re: Fridat at PRS

The Sanders Sea Fury's name is ARGONOUGHT!

Comment

here's some photos from today.. no time for captions at the moment but the Argo sure sounded GOOD today!!

Wayne
      Attached Files
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It's Argonaut...

Thanks for the preview Wayne. The four hour drive tomorrow morning is going to be a long one. See ya there.

Rick

Comment

yeah, like I said...Argonaut

Comment

Argonaut, Argonought, Aeronaught, whatever, as long as its healthy and in the air it's all good.

Comment

Rick,

Thanks for the correct spelling
              and when all els fails just look at Wayne's photo
              http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                here's some photos from today.. no time for captions at the moment but the Argo sure sounded GOOD today!!

Wayne
                Thanks for the pics Wayners

Now.... I hope you got the opportunity to talk with Mr Button. Out of all the competitors there, I surely want to see him having a great time of it. After having faced such adversity over the years with the Voodoo... it would be most fitting for him to come out of this year on top. Such a great guy deserves a little fun - I just hope like heck he is having it.

Hope everything out there is going well for you too buddy. Sorry I couldn't get away from work... next year I'll be sure to make up for it. OK then - have fun & looking forward to seeing some more great pics from all you guys that were lucky enough to be able to be there.
                Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by rpzo
                  Argonaut, Argonought, Aeronaught, whatever, as long as its healthy and in the air it's all good.
                  Exactly! As long as it ain't "Flyinaught"!

I ended up not being able to make it this year (a first for me with PRS) but thanks to everyone that had our back and looked out for us (all in street lingo!) You are my peeps, you are the Bomb, you are the Shiznit!

Race 29
                  Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

On Saturday Argonaut was not. I got to Stead at 9:00 a.m. and no sign of the green and grey bird. I am assuming that it was taken home Friday?

Rick

Comment

I got there Saturday around 9:30 and the only unlimiteds flying was Big Bossman, 911, and Speedball Alice. Not very many but I love the sound of the Tigercat screaming around those pylons. Shot some good video too.
                      "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Dennis flew the Sea Fury home Saturday morning.

Comment

She took off, made a nice pass and dissappeared over the horizon Friday evening. Guess she went home.

Leo
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Did anyone say what the speed of big bossman was.

Comment

The speeds for Bossman are nothing to write home about as Michael is getting his time in the BIG cat around the course. The new engines installed will handle more power and are much more reliable. Michael will push the cat a bit at Reno come September. He believes he can push the aircraft to 370-380 without hurting anything. Dan Vance did some nice flying with 911 (September Pops) and seemed to have the course dialed in with the Sea Fury.
                              Dennis went back to Ione early so he could take the needed parts to Washington for Dreadnoughts motor. I am keeping my fingers crossed they can get it back in time for Reno.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X