Race #99 "Riff Raff"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race #99 "Riff Raff"

Robert "Hoot Gibson in his Hawker Sea Fury race #99 was forced to land at Scotts Bluff Airport in Nebraska with engine problems. The landing was without any problems but this will keep the Sea Fury from attending the Reno Pylon Seminar this year.

Re: Race #99 "Riff Raff"

Originally posted by Airrace7
    Robert "Hoot Gibson in his Hawker Sea Fury race #99 was forced to land at Scotts Bluff Airport in Nebraska with engine problems. The landing was without any problems but this will keep the Sea Fury from attending the Reno Pylon Seminar this year.
    Heard that today here from Ron B. glad Hoot's ok.. sucks that they will not be here!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,
      Why not call and ask me for the story or better yet ask Mike or myself, we were both at PRS everyday except Sat. First thing wrong with that post is that Riff Raff is not Hoot Gibsons plane. Two Hoot was not flying it. Three there was no emergency landing, after an overnight stay in Scotts Bluff Mike had a carb. problem on the ground and the plane was pushed back into a hangar. We have a spare carb and hope to have the plane back home by the end of the month.
      Ray
      p.s. Next time how about a mention about Mike's love and passion for the sport or crew cheif Jim Skinner taking a stock airplane from 380mph in 1998 to over 430mph in 2003. Hoot is a great pilot but without those two it would'nt happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        Wayne,
        Why not call and ask me for the story or better yet ask Mike or myself, we were both at PRS everyday except Sat. First thing wrong with that post is that Riff Raff is not Hoot Gibsons plane. Two Hoot was not flying it. Three there was no emergency landing, after an overnight stay in Scotts Bluff Mike had a carb. problem on the ground and the plane was pushed back into a hangar. We have a spare carb and hope to have the plane back home by the end of the month.
        Ray
        p.s. Next time how about a mention about Mike's love and passion for the sport or crew cheif Jim Skinner taking a stock airplane from 380mph in 1998 to over 430mph in 2003. Hoot is a great pilot but without those two it would'nt happen.
        Ray, sorry, I was a bit distracted at PRS this year. I wish I'd have known you and Mike were there! Info I had, came from Ron Bucarelli and he had mentioned a "forced" landing, not necessairly an "emergencey" landing...

I hope Jim knows how much I appreciate what he's done with Riff Raff and I know how much Mike loves the sport and how much he's sacrificed to be a part of it...

We've not done a story on you guys in a while but have followed you pretty closely at times.. Shoot me your phone via email and I will give you a call next time..

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Several years ago at the ICAS convention, I cornered Mike and asked him how long it would be before HE started racing Riff Raff. He gave me that look that only 'husbands' can share, and laughed "Do you really think my wife would let me?"

I guess she must have warmed to the idea in the ensuing years, eh? :-)

Comment

Working...
          X