Digi racers aren't too bright, but they are insanely fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digi racers aren't too bright, but they are insanely fast

The AI pilots on platinum level leave me in the dust even after tuning Strega for maximum performance. They don't lap me, but I can't even close them at all.

On the other hand, out of 16 aircraft starting the race, 7 died at the start (just impacted on the surface ) and one more hit the ground before the race was finished.

Real opponents using the same flight model and flying limitations would be much better

Re: Digi racers aren't too bright, but they are insanely fast

Have any of you guys been able to try multi player with the "newly" released version of XAR?

THIS would bring me into the frey! If we could have TRUE multi player, I'd be there.. screw "no time" to do this.. I'd be there!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Daiwa is still waiting for his copy of XAR2 to arrive.

I can't seem to reach anyone else that has XAR2 despite broadcasting info by every means available.

Go ahead and spend $15 bucks (shipping included!) to get XAR2. Multiplayer may still be broken, but we won't know if we don't try.

Comment

XAR2 has arrived.

Just need to get it installed, ground school, flight tests...

Unless there is a way to connect built in to XAR2, I'm not sure how we'll be able to compete online. If a way is there, some of us (me included) would need to configure a firewall DMZ (I think I could figure that out ).

I'll get back here as soon as I'm up & running but it may be a bit - lot going on the next 2 weeks or so.

FL, FF, TL

Daiwa

Comment

Scheduling time for XAR has been a problem all along. Now that I am out of college and married, I have to budget my free time quite a bit. It can only get worse when I start having kids.

I have no problem acting as a host. If I have to, I will use DMZ (most of my games don't require that). Some games have required me to put my computer straight through to the net to get full functionality. I am willing to do that as well for limited periods of time.

We can use instant messengers (Yahoo, AOL, MSN... I have'em all) to broadcast IP info if need be.

I am pretty sure it will work well with 2 or 3 (as in the past). The trick is getting 8 to work well

Comment

The DMZ issue is just on the client end and for certain firewall configurations so the firewall doesn't interfere with IP traffic back & forth. I'm sure I can bone up on it & get it configured here - I'm just a little cautious with my broadband/always-on thing.

Hope to get back here soon.

Daiwa

Comment

For me, DMZ can be toggled on and off in a single click with a Linksys router. Only thing that makes it complicated is that I have multiple computers using DHCP, so I have to check my current IP address to make I am putting the correct computer into the DMZ

Port forwarding is the alternative to the DMZ. More secure, but requires knowing exactly what ports the game is using. The Linksys has failed me when I try to host Aces High. I can host, but even using DMZ, the game's built in voice comms would fail.

Comment

Working...
              X