PRS Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Next Week

I am plannign on heading to Reno either next Friday or Saturday to watch PRS. My problem is, where do I go once at Stead? Where do I get in? Where can I set-up my chair and cooler? What else should I bring? I am new to PRS but really want to watch the planes, shoot some pics, and gather some footage. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks a lot!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Re: PRS Next Week

Once your at Stead just look for the airplanes.

Last year they were in the west side of the pit area. To get in just walk through the gate. Keep the cooler in the car since it will be close enough to get to when you need it and set up your lawn chair anywhere you'd like as long as it is within the safety area boundaries. It's just like hanging out at your local municipal airport for a day.

See you there.

Rick

Comment

Last year the West gate was open, the one by the F1 hanger. If you've never been there, Go down the long entrance road. If you go on Friday, OBEY THE SPEED LIMIT! (15mph) Smokey sets up shop right across from the school. Follow that until the road starts an up hill right bend, turn left before the housing starts on the left side. Go to the 4-way stop sign and take another left. That should lead you right to the gate.

C-U there!
      Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Any word on what teams/aircraft are planning on showing up?

I can't make this trip so everyone take lots of photos.
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

The Bear will oviously be there, Precious metal, Bob Button will be there getting checked out to race voodoo, Mike Brown will bring the cat and 911 and the sanders may possibly bring Argo. It sounds like the dwelles are done so I guess critical mass wont be there this year. Thats my best guess.

Comment

what will button be flying? voodoo still has no engine
            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

I think I heard he was going to try to get qualified in the L-39 but am not sure if that is true or if they would allow it.

Comment

What exactly is PRS I'm guessing it is the pilot training. When is it? Is Stead closed or can you fly in at certain times?

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I also think that the full custom "Wildfire" will be there also, here is the link

当サイトでは、ファッション通販サイトのクーポン・キャンペーン・セールなどのお得情報を提供しています。

As for "Critical Mass," I am not really sure. I always fly up to Auburn for lunch or breakfast and I always see the race trailer out there with the door open. I guess we will see.

I am going out there friday. Gonna leave Elk Grove around 7 am. That will give me plenty of time. Hope to see you all out there
                  "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

From what I hear, Wildfire will be making neither the PRS nor Reno 2004.

TPS

Comment

How long will things be going on during the weekend? If we can get away it will be late Friday night out, home on Sunday.
                      Sure would be nice to see the Bear testing that new prop.

Comment

Where is your source of information coming from. I have no idea so I am trying to get the gist of the situation. Their website states that they will be ready for Reno '04. Any ideas?
                        "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

My guess is... that the web site says nothing about the airplane actually flying yet. As it would take at least 40 hours of test flying to satisfy the FAA to let it leave it's test area, I think the report of no 2004 for Wildfire is accurate.

Comment

The word on Wildfire is from a very reliable source. It seems there have been some unforseen problems getting the a/c off the ground which will likely leave them grounded for 2004. Best of luck to the team in the future.

TPS

Comment

Working...
                            X