One for you Hotshot Digital Photographers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for you Hotshot Digital Photographers

I have been a film guy for years and though I am not completely converting over to digital I have purchased my first Digital SLR and have a question for you experts. I have an Ipod with a 4GB memory card. Is it possible to use it in my new digital rig????? Since the an Ipod or MP3 player have memory cards in upwards of 2-4 GB and their prices are about half that of buying a memory card alone ( about $200.00 for an Ipod with 4GB and $600.00 for a 4GB memory card) has anyone heard of this or tried it themselves?? Thought I would ask before using the memory card from my Ipod in my Digital SLR. Feel free to ring in with your thoughts or advise. Thanks.

Dave

Re: One for you Hotshot Digital Photographers

The iPod is actually a very small hard drive.
    Here are some links for doing what you describe.

Comment

Re: One for you Hotshot Digital Photographers

Originally posted by BadIdea
      The iPod is actually a very small hard drive.
      Here are some links for doing what you describe.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...More=T9184LL/A
      Errr.. sort of.. even if it did work, as I'm reading it, it's still going to simply be using your digital camera as a "card reader" of sorts...

There is no provision, for instance, in any of the DSLR's that I know of to shoot tethered unless you're running the correct software on the other end... so you'd have to tie up the camera, in this case, while you download..

Now the Nikon D2H has the provision to add a wireless module and transmit "live" to an FTP server.. which could be a nearby laptop.

Personally, with a 2GB card and a 512MB card, and a 20GB portable hard drive, I think it will be possible to keep on top of things via the shoot, download while shooting, download while shooting, method.. a PITA but it works..

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X