Moffet '04 Practice Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moffet '04 Practice Session

A few images from the practice sessions for this weekends Moffet Airshow. The weather was uncooperative up until the Thunderbirds started flying. The clouds started to clear about half way through their Low Show. Oh well, the weather for the weekend looks good.

The three ship formation for the T-birds is a new look. #3 was nowhere to be found. My son kept calling it the "triangle" instead of the "diamond" formation.

The other interesting note was that the only Navy representation was a pair of aggressor F-5's that arrived in the afternoon. Surprising that for a former Naval Air Station not a single F-18 for static display made it. Busy elsewhere I assume.

GBJ it was nice to meet you and thanks for the ride!

Rick
    Attached Files

Re: Moffet '04 Practice Session

Originally posted by rpzo
    GBJ it was nice to meet you and thanks for the ride!
    Nice shots Rick... you got to see my buddy Gordon!! What did ya get a ride in... not his Stearman????!!!!???

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It seems that the Photography gets better and better each time I come in here! Keep up the Excellant Work/Fun all of you! I'll catch up someday,,,,Cobra Ray Hamlett.
      Attached Files

Comment

you got to see my buddy Gordon!! What did ya get a ride in... not his Stearman????!!!!???
        Nope, his old Mercedes.

My son and I were waiting outside the gate for our passes and I heard him talking to someone in the very distinctive voice that he has. I introduced myself and after he finished with the business that he needed to take care of in the media trailer he asked us if we wanted a ride to show center.

He's a really nice guy.

Rick

Comment

Tyson: I get the wingwalker photo, but how'd you get the T-bird shots? Gotta be from a B-25? Did you launch from Moffet? Peas
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Tyson,

They obviously allowed you to shoot from places that I couldn't get to and the weather was more cooperative too. Were your T-birds shot from #7?

I won't be able to make the Sunday show due to a Boy Scout committment. It would have been nice to meet you in person.

Attached shots are from Saturday's show.

Rick
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice photos Rick

Tyson, WOW! Awsome
              I know Peas already asked but what were you in when you took those Tbird photos?
              http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Hey Tyson, don't let what I've posted fool you, I missed way more than I got. I'm more appreciative of shooting digital every day. If it's not a good shot you delete and move on.

We'll have to hook up later in the year. You plan on going to Santa Rosa or Salinas?

Rick

Comment

Hi Photogs all!

Great to see you all at Moffett! When they put the media area next to the announcer's stand you get to see all the strange goings on between the photographers...

I think that this lens fixation is the manifestation of the photogs manhood, just as the measure of your differential from the road, the length of the lens speaks volumes!!

I also think that some of you guys have a leather fetish and get off on the strap digging into the back of your necks!!

Seriously though... great to see you all at Moffett. The ad-lib presentation by Tyson and the commotion it caused in the media area was a true "Air Show Moment"!!
                  Gordon Bowman-Jones

Comment

Originally posted by tvrphoto
                    Hey Wayne, you commin' to Salinas at all. It's really not that far from Oregon.
                    LOL.. yea... right.. <checks map, hopes Tyson doesn't get into navigation any time soon>

Prolly not Ty... but what I wanna know is about this "airshow moment" that GoBoJo is talkin about....

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hello,

I stumbled on to this board and what a great board it is. Will browse around some more after posting this...

Just to show you the "Airshow Moment":

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by tvrphoto
                        GoBoJo was kind enough to take me by surprise when he asked me to give phototips over the PA system at the Moffett show on Sunday.
                        LOL! Gordon's good at that! He caught me off guard at Reno one year (thank god, no one was really there at the moment) and had me fill some dead space chatting for a bit. I'd been immersed in Unlimited stuff for several days and had zero IF1 info in my brain.. where's Gordon go first... you guessed it.. IF1!!!

I'm doing the slash across the throat thing.. mouthing "go somewhere else!!!" but toooooo late..

With foot firmly in mouth, I muddled through it sounding pretty much like my usual idiot self.

You know, those that like to critique the announcers need to do it, live, just once, for a minute and see how hard it is to think and talk at the same time!!

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                          You know, those that like to critique the announcers need to do it, live, just once, for a minute and see how hard it is to think and talk at the same time!!

Wayne
                          Wayne: Just like flying, gotta multi-task: aviate, navigate, communicate, altercate. Only altercate if you're sportin' ordnance or spraybar water!

Heck an announcer only has to cogitate and communicate! Unless you're interviewing the Bud Girls, in which case one can ruminate about the pleasant possiblities... Then it pays to be a cunning linguist. (Nod to Austin Powers;-)
                          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Actually, it looked as if Tyson was going to keep the microphone and carry on with the announcing. I do recall that he was describing how to photograph aircraft, and the shutter speeds to use.

It was nice getting to visit with you all, the other Roger.

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                              Heck an announcer only has to cogitate and communicate! Unless you're interviewing the Bud Girls, in which case one can ruminate about the pleasant possiblities... Then it pays to be a cunning linguist. (Nod to Austin Powers;-)
                              Umn... well, having been there a couple times with Gordon, as well as the time I spent doing the WoW broadcast at Reno '02... I'd have to say, throw in the PA system echoing in your ear, just a fraction of a second delayed from what you're saying, or point a camera in your face and then, know that everything you say is going to be judged by however many people are listening and.. well.. it's just different.. but.. then... I'm not a pilot so, mebbie I don't know about the similarities?

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X