Olympia - Gathering of Warbirds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympia - Gathering of Warbirds...

Kraz - are you going ??? Maybe we can hook up this time...

the other Wayne................

No question about it...

I wouldn't miss it for anything!

Though here is a very IMPORTANT tip for those planning on attending this year:

In talking with the boyz of the Cascade Warbird Squadron –which essentially makes the Gathering of Warbirds what it is—there is also a Fathersday Fly-in in Bellingham, WA Saturday-Sunday. While the G-of-W runs Friday-Sunday, most of the Cascade guys (including the Avenger, T-6’s, T-28 and I believe the P-51 Val-Halla and the Wildcat as well) will be pulling out some where between 2-5 on Saturday enmass and heading north. So, I STRONGLY recommend getting to Olympia EARLY Saturday to see the entire flock—I suspect there will be a couple flybys and I doubt the Squadron’s departure will be anything other than fantastic!

Let me know when you are going, and let’s definitely cross paths!

Kraz

Comment

Looks like we might be flying down (yahoo!!) Saturday morning. Tenatatively, anyways.....

But Bellingham is pretty tempting being closer......

Do you know if the big iron will be back for Sunday morning??

Comment

I believe most of the warbirds for cascade squad will be in BLI all day Sunday and are not planning on returning to OLM.

Comment

Re: ...

Originally posted by Kraz
          BLI...OLM.
          For the uninitiated among us... I think that's "pilot talk"

<ducking and running>

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Looks like Saturday, it is.....

Wx and SEA/BFI traffic permitting....

Comment

Okay, Kraz..we are booked for Saturday AM arrival.

Will you be there then? If so, how do I pick you out of the crowd?? Look for every cartoonist carrying more than 3 cameras??

Comment

Olympia Fly-in

If the weather holds, I believe our fly-in will be great. Everyone should come out and see our new C-123 and N3N. Also, the newly assembled English Electric Lightning is quite a sight. The Cobra Gunship will be making several flights as well as the P-51 and Skyraider in the hands of Bud Granley; in addition to the other odds and ends.

Keep in mind that rides can be obtained in several of our planes for a "donation".

We are awfully proud to have the participation of the Cascade Warbirds. Their contribution to our operation is very much appreciated. It's too bad that Washington schedules so many aviation events on the same weekends.

Brad Pilgrim
                mexicanbob@hotmail.com

Comment

Thanks for the update Brad....

Comment

MIA...

Sorry GWB, was away for a bit.
                    I am still planning on being at the Gathering on Saturday--though the Wx for OLM is looking less than perfect for pictures (overcast to hazy). Regardless, I wouldn't miss it for anything! Keep a look out for a guy with a white and black backpack, slinging a Canon (and if anything is in the air: a lens that looks more like a howlitzer). I will likely have my tan hat that says "General Dynamics" (can I sell you a missile or two?) and I am sure and air-race t-shirt (or a brown fleece jacket if it is cool).

Let me know if you are still going and perhaps we can meet, say... noon at the Corsair?

Kraz

Comment

Better yet, just look for this guy....

He'll likely be going around doing some politically incorrect thing
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Okay, I will keep an eye out for you...we are a go for Saturday AM...... I will be wearing uh......shorts....and a T-shirt ..........can't miss me.....

I wil be wearing a bright Pinkish Orange dayglo colored Formula ! Volunteer hat.......

Wayne (the other one..)

Comment

Hey "Other Wayne" I've got a shot of you round here somewhere too.. If I can find it, I'll post it so you guys can tell what each other look like.. That is, if I don't go nuts trying to get the fly that is using my head as a pylon right now!

The Other Other Wayne
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Fly!?

Originally posted by AAFO_DABEAR
                            Wayne, before you kill the fly or go crazy, can you determine one thing for me?

Griffon or Merlin!?
                            IF1.. he's a little feller.. Sort of mixed up too.. He's on a one pylon course and has yet to figure out where the rest of em are.. Dunno what it is about the flies up here. When I had my last place downtown, no screens (landlords actually thought that bugs would not fly as high as the 12th floor:0 they would get in but rarely bothered me, they just flew a nice course and were rather entertaining. Here, they have screens to get through, and then the proceed to bug me till I have to take action..

This one is gonna get a really big penalty for low flying as soon as I get fed up enough to get my swatter and vent on him.. grrr..

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey "Other Wayne" I've got a shot of you round here somewhere too.. If I can find it,

you do ?????????????

Are you sure it is me??

Comment

Working...
                              X