Clear All

• Strega

Will Strega return in 04?

Re: Strega

there's rumors, but it's doubtful
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

I am guessing it is a money issue? The address on the strega website a good address to donate?

Comment

well, i can't speak for tige. but ya, he's had some pretty bad luck with racing strega the last few years so i'm sure he's tired of losing money.

ya, contact them see if he'll except them.
        heh heh alriiiight

Comment

I e-mailed the Strega site a couple of weeks ago with a couple of questions. They told me that Strega and Tiger were retired.... For now with no plans in the near future to race.

I remember from speaking with Tiger at Reno in 04 about Strega. He told me that an engine was being built but would be totally stock.

I also asked the site about merchandise for sale. They told me that nothing was being sold due to the plane not flying. Hope you all got your Strega goodies sometime ago...

Comment

Well damn.

Comment

From what I am told by people who are in the "know" is that Tiger has sold his farm for a very large amount of money, L.D. is working on a composite cowl for her, Mike Barrow is building a stock engine and she will remain in her race configuration but will not be raced. Maybe someday watching from the pits will become to much for Tiger and make him decide to bring Strega back to race, but it is uncertain at this time if that will ever happen. Lets hope so.

Comment

Yep... I know someone who bought a "bit" of land there from Strega Man not long ago...but ssssshhhhhhhhh...can't Tell.
                Randy Rheinschild
                www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

undefined
                  Originally posted by Bossman
                  Tiger and make him decide to bring Strega back to race

Please, come back Strega. John Penny will love whipping both Skip and Tiger.

Clay
                  Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

LOL...nice!

Comment

Has Strega won since Kerch left?

Comment

97 was the last year that Strega won and was also the last year Kerch was part of the team. In 98 Kerch joined the newly assembled Dago crew after Dago was purchased by Terry Bland. Not a surprise that Dago has been winning ever since. Too bad there aren't more guys like Kerch. The same can be said about the Bear and Bill Hickle.

Comment

One still has to wonder, why would L.D. be working on a composite cowl if there was no intention of racing the airplane again? Could Tiger just be trying to keep a low profile for a while as she's turned back into a contender in the future? Originally being from Bakersfield, and seeing Strega come together in 1983, I'd love to see her racing again.
                          Gary Schmidt
                          Phoenix, AZ

Comment

Working...
                          X