Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happen to the old Annoucers for the Reno Air Races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happen to the old Annoucers for the Reno Air Races?

If I am not mistakin it was Sandy Sanders. I went to the Reno Air Races from 86-92 and he was always the guy who called the races. After 92 I joined the AF and missed the Races till I went back in 03 and it was a whole new annouce team. Also, how did Skyfire loose the filming rights? Them seemed to do a decent job. Looks like I missed out on alot of stuff.

Re: What happen to the old Annoucers for the Reno Air Races?

Eric,
    A few years back RARA decided to change announcers. Although the new team really isn't all that bad, I think at least 98% of the folks that remember Sandy Sanders would like to see him come back but as usual, RARA won't listen to what the paying fans want.

As far as Skyfire, I don't really know what happened. It kind of seemed like they just got bored with it all and decided to move on to other things. I really doubt that since they had to be making a ton of money with the Reno series. Some others on this board I'm sure could spread a better light on the subject. You can still get a video of last years race from RARA through their web site though. I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know if they did as good of a job as Skyfire.

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Re: What happen to the old Annoucers for the Reno Air Races?

Thanks for the info! Hopefully Mr. Sanders will be back.

Comment

Working...
      X