Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's talking??

Ok Brother Wayner,
    It's that time of year,, so who is going to be behind me in the announcers booth for RNO 02'?

Hey Danimal... (comin to ya from the new PDX AAFO.HQ here) BroGordon had the week tied up with a show normally scheduled for the week before RNO that fell during the races this year so's he's not gonna be there... On the rest of the crew, it'll be similar with at least one new face, or so I'm told.

Who is that face?? I could tell ya, but then RARA'd have to kill me.

Wayneimal
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I think the voice would be more important than the face

and a fountain of knowlege to fill in the lulls with fascinating details would help to keep the paying crowd on the edge of their seats at R2K2 .........
      the other Wayne................

Comment

Originally posted by GWB
        I think the voice would be more important than the face

and a fountain of knowlege to fill in the lulls with fascinating details would help to keep the paying crowd on the edge of their seats at R2K2 .........
        Actually..... it's sort of funny... Being the announcer at Reno *HAS* to be the single most "can't win" thankless situation for Air Show Announcers. I don't care who is there, if they were a fountain of knowledge, they'd be critiqued for talking too much, if they barely said anything, they'd be bashed by a different crowd for not bringing the touch of excitement.

When Sandy was there for generations, there were those who loved the man (as I do, Sandy is a great guy) and there were those who always said "shutup and let's hear the races"

When Gordon took the job, it was essentially the same, only now, he had to "fill the shoes" of the man who'd been at it forever.

I like both men personally very well and would be VERY happy to see either or, even better, I'd like to see both there. The only "problem" I have with Gordon (just kidding Gordon) is every time I see him he sticks a mic in my face and I have to be "on" which... no matter how hard I try, I'm not very good at

I'm going to miss Gordon this year a lot! I'd gotten used to seeing him PRS and the races. At PRS, there is a group of us who try to get together for a dinner and Gordon is about the funniest man you'll ever party with!

God bless em all! And whoever steps into "The Shoes" this year!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

What?!?!

...every time I see him he sticks a mic in my face and I have to be "on" which... no matter how hard I try, I'm not very good at

What?!?!? No way!?!?! How's that: Wanye--having trouble with words??? Heck, half the time you can't get him to shuddup! <just kidding Wanye! I think I owed you a jab for something or another anyway! >. Actually, it's been awhile since I we've chatted-- we should touch base re: PRS!

Kraz

Comment

Rgr all that I'm down near Aurora airport now... mebbie an x country down this way some VERY fair weather weekend??

No land line yet (should be next week) yew still have my cell numba??

Also on PRS.. I'm thinkin we should ask to be sure but I figger that it's a blanket party at DaBear's this time...

Bear.. yew there.. how much floor space is there in your Bear Cave? Remembering.. we're all budddies ...heeaahh heeeaahh heeeaahh

Wayner
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X