Another Blast From The Past??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Blast From The Past??????

Okay, quiz time. What aircraft are these and when were the pictures taken. I'll tell you where it is. Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Air Expo. I took these pictures and am looking for some answers, like, anybody know where this Mustang is now?

Bill
    Webmaster and all around nice guy
    Attached Files
    Never mind. Maybe next year

Re: Another Blast From The Past??????

The Mustang is Jack Schaver's "Miss Kat Brat". The airframe is still around...just can't remember what it's done up as right now.

Comment

Here's the info on "Miss Kat Brat" now "Ain't Misbehavin"

Serial #: 44-74009 Construction #: 122-40549
      Civil Registration:
      * N6323T
      * N988C
      * N51KB
      Model: P-51D-25-NA
      Name: Ain't Misbehavin
      Last Info: 2002 N51KB (Bill McGrath).

P-51 Mustang Survivors: Survivor Home. World War II, North American P-51A, P-51B, P-51C, P-51D, P-51H, F-51D, F-51H Mustang survivor in civilian ownership

History:
      Delivered to RCAF as 9275.
      - BOC: Jan. 11, 1951.
      - SOC: Sep. 17, 1957.
      James H. Defuria & Fred J. Ritts/Interconinental Airways, Canastota, NY, Feb. 25, 1957-1960.
      - Registered as N6323T.
      Aero Enterprises, Elkhart, IN, May 1, 1960-1961.
      - Registered as N988C.
      Suncoast Aviation, St. Petersburg, FL, July 8, 1961-1962.
      A. Fasken, Midland, TX, Sept. 29, 1962-1963
      Houston Aircraft Sales, Houston, TX, May 1, 1963-1965.
      William Fiore, Clairton, PA, Apr. 30, 1965-1968.
      Frank Cannavo Jr, Lester, PA, Feb. 3, 1968-1969.
      Robert J. Shaver, Brigantine & Linwood, NJ, June 26, 1969-1978.
      Robert L. Ferguson, Wellesley, MA 1979-2001.
      - Flew as Ain't Misbehavin/RL-F.
      B&K Leasing Inc, Nantucket, MA, Sept. 17, 2001-2002.
      - Registered as N51KB.

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Awe shucks, I forgot to look on mustangsmustangs. Found a beautiful picture by Mark Kallio there, Obviously this aircraft has no race history, at least as far as I can see. Looks like it is an East Coast bird as well. Not many come from back there for Reno. (Jimmy Leeward and Whittington's, Micky Rupp and Jack Rouch) most notable). I took the picture in September1976 and that would make it living in New Jersey I guess, at the time. Thanks Brad and Mr. Marauder I am thinking that Mark won't care if I use his photo here.There you go.
        Attached Files
        Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

I started my search in Google for Miss Kat Brat. When you find the N# then you can do quite a few diffrent searches.
          Is there a readable N# on the Zero?/T-6? Conversion? if there is shouldn't be to hard to find the story on that bird.
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon View Post
            The Mustang is Jack Schaver's "Miss Kat Brat". The airframe is still around...just can't remember what it's done up as right now.
            Back in 1965 Miss Kat Brat was known as N88C for (88 Charlie)

She was purchased by my late Father William Fiore back in1965, to fullfill a dream from his days in the US Army Aircore.

He learned in a AT6, then soloed her on Easter Sunday 1966, took him 3 times to get her down (kept passing the turn off), never piloted her after that.

One day a truck driver came up to me and said "I can fly that P-51" so I said meet me at the County Airport (south of Pittsburgh, and will see what you can do.

When he landed, I slipped in behind him and off we went. I'll never forget the smell of the fuel, and the droan of the Rolls Royce as he eased the throttel forward, up, streight up, hanging on the huge prop,then as I looked up through the canopy, the runway was spinning like a fan, and my face moved twards my ears, my chest felt like someone was sitting on me.

I flew many times with Charlie Johnson, even got lost a few times doing rolls, and figure eights, but always made it back.

It was after his death, that I found out he flew with the 99th air squadron over italy, flying bomber escourt with the red tails.

David Fiore
            Attached Files

Comment

great story and history David.. thanks for sharing.

wolfee

Comment

That's Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
                Tony

Comment

Working...
                X