• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B17 and B24

the collings foundations bombers are making their west coast
    tour this month.the B17 flew over me at work friday followed
    45 minutes later by the B24.they will be at moffit field in the
    s.f.bay area untill tuesday then to points north.great photo
    ops and sounds....and of course some low passes...

B24 B17 yaaa

I almost killed my wife on one dash out of the house to see them fly by. the rides were taking the b24 right over my house about every 2 - 3 hours great seeing her. can't mistake those motors and she learned that, when she heard, them get out of the way.
    350.00$ for a ride, I tried, she said "no way, mow the lawn", I should have drove over her flowers on one of them passes, HUH!
    ECVSteve
    E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
    Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Yeah women

Women will do just about anything to stop us guys from seeing our planes. When the B-24 and 17 were down my way, I was just getting excited about seeing them when BAM! Next thing I know I'm in a hospital because she's in labor. I kept tellin' her that I didn't understand why I had to be there since she was the one having the baby. She'd just yell something about it being my fault... whatever. Guess I should be careful because I do have the green light for Reno. Then again if I didn't, I think that's grounds for divorce. Whoa..... gotta go she's commin' in the room!

BP
      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
      Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

LOL.. then once in a great while, you meet someone like "Griffon Girl" who is as nuts for airplanes as we are.. She'll knock you out of the way to get outside to see the daily air show by the AF guys down at Kingsley, and whatever you do, don't talk to her when a Griff is running!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

My wife used to hate air craft because it took my time. Then I took her to see the Blue Angels and she loved it, talked about it for weeks. I would never be "allowed" to spend $350 on a plan ride unless it was taking us to my mother in laws.

Comment

Bust seriously

My wife is awsome. She has vowed to "learn more about airplanes to better understand my addiction." She'll eventually go to Reno once the kids are old enough (I'm not sure if she is aware of this plan, but soon). When at Reno, I sleep in a dirty hangar which is not ideal for infants or toddlers. But is sure is awsome waking up to a mustang taking off on a engine test; the sweetest wake-up call in the world!

Bill Pearce
            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

She was doing well ...

Until Madera, I think it was about 10, 11 years ago, Gathering of the war birds and it was hot, I mean hot and the engine exhaust just didn't want to move and well, after a couple hours of that, I was happer than a kid in a candy store, thats when madera ran the birds threw the public for takeoff and she was the woman from hell. lasted all of about 4 hours and had me take her to the lake. she never attended Reno or any other airshow after that.
              She is talking about going to Reno with me this year, kids are older but we'll see.
              ECVSteve
              E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
              Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Girlfriend

My girlfriend, Dawn, is totally awesome...

"Babe, I have a chance to go fly a B-17. Can we change our plans..?"

"Sure, hon - go!"

"Dawn, want to meet me up in Reno..?"

"Damn straight I do! Will Skip be there?"

She'll tell you all about the racers and look good doin' it!

Man... Life is good!

Scotty G
                Scotty G

Comment

But Scotty

Note the difference Scotty... wife vs. girlfriend. Yeah my girlfriend was cool too. But now, aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Okay I'm kidding. These wives/girlfriends of ours must be cool to put up with all this airplane stuff. They kind of roll their eyes and look the other way.
                  Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Found a way around the problem

I found a way around the wife not liking the air plane stuff. I got a new puppy. That dog wimpers all night, nipps at the kids, gets into stuff... My wife hasent said a thing about airplanes for a week.

Comment

Guys,

I got a chuckle out of some of the responses concerning the wives
                      and airplanes.

Every now and again one of us "airplane nuts" gets lucky and marries a professional pilot. You know hit the marriage lottery, when your wife's idea of a child is a T-28. Life is good!

WCook

Faithful member, the Church of the Sunday Airshow

Comment

Working...
                      X