czech mate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• czech mate

correct me if i'm wrong but has it really taken 12 years for czech mate to finish a sunday gold race, don't get me wrong, i loved seeing her get across the home pylon, even moreso than i loved watching dago red do it first (hehehe, duane). but, i wonder if the spell is broken? czech is the eternal underdog but look what she has done, not only in her entire career but just last year. 4th place in the gold is not easy to come by in air racing.

my hat's off to you team czech mate, ever gonna put up a site???
    heh heh alriiiight

Re: czech mate

Originally posted by matt
    4th place in the gold is not easy to come by in air racing.
    Matt

I have to say that I was impressed by the Yak pulling a 445 last year and fourth place on Sunday. It will be interesting to see what she can do this year.

By the way, I think Dago will be trying in vain to get that Bearcat out of his forward view.

Clay
    Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

ya, even on the old course measurement method that's around 435, pretty darn good. her main competition this year will be (from fastest to slowest) dago red, rare bear, 232, dreadnought, furias, fury, and miss america is a bit of a wild card. how many of these guys will break? if czech holds together she may make third place this year.

lol, imagine how cool it would be to see czech win

hey lemon, willing place a wager on that? >;^)>
      heh heh alriiiight

Comment

If they put wing fillets on her, she'll go faster!! That's a lot of drag without them. Yak's are cool!!

Comment

hey lemon, willing place a wager on that? >;^)>

You got it Matt. What's your poison? I still owe a bottle to ecvsteve(Hey Steve, are you still out there?) I prefer Bud or Rare Bear Brew with a VERY occasional Crown Royal or Knob Creek.

The Bear will be in full racing form this year. Everybody wants to see Da Bear kick some A. I think Dago needs to be looking back at the Yak, since he won't be able to catch Rare Bear.

Clay
          Attached Files
          Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

hmm, i'd have to go with some sam adams or jd...

i think dago will be ahead (just barely) but the bear will be doing all it can to fend off 232. gentlemen, welcome to a whole new "clash of titans" as it were, picking up where rare bear and strega left off.

wouldn't it be interesting if strega came back, race ready. think about it, a four way battle for first place...

it's gonna be interesting to see how furias does too, she'll fit in with czech and dredsled (has anyone heard new about merlin's magic? i had heard that they weren't gonna put race engine in her anymore...)
            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Merlin's Magic will be back in full race trim for 2004, so expect speeds to improve dramatically from 2003.

But regarding the top finishers, I seem to think we're leaving someone out. Hmmm... who could it be?

Obi-Wan: "There is another..."
              Yoda: "Obi-Wan, wise he is!"

Comment

wait, full race trim as in what?

who? who am i missing?
                heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Could it be...?
                  (Dang, where's my DVD copy of "Blazing Saddles" when I need it (I brought "Caddyshack" this trip)?)
                  But to quote (more or less)...
                  "Now, go do that VOODOO that you do, so well!"
                  (Still anxiously awaiting the "any minute" Voodoo new).

Comment

Oops...
                    That should have ended "...Voodoo news."

Comment

true, but i figure since she's going to superstock she'll be making 420-430, if she gets an engine...
                      heh heh alriiiight

Comment

wouldn't it be interesting if strega came back, race ready. think about it, a four way battle for first place...
                        Who wouldn't love to see number seven diving in at the last minute on Sunday's Gold race. I guess it ain't gonna happen.

OK Matt, let's just make the bet a twelve of Sam Adams. I prefer good beer to whiskey any day.

Clay

ecvsteve HELLO?!?!?!?
                        Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered]But regarding the top finishers, I seem to think we're leaving someone out. Hmmm... who could it be?
                          QUOTE]

How 'bout Spirit of Texas? New paint, sure. But will there be a new nose case inside the cowl? That could mean 'double trouble' for Dago.

BTW, Since March, Texas fans hate the colors blue & white! My Muskies hooked them horns...
                          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

well, just because a 3350 powered plane has a -93 nosecase doesn't gaurantee it a top finishing spot, it takes ALOT of horsepower. who lives near "the spirit" willing to go and see what's up? another thought may be precious metal, but i don't think ron is planning on really hauling balls for another year or two.

ok clay, here's the bet, for a 12-pack of sam to a 12-pack of bud that dago will place first on sunday. obviously if dago or bear forfeit the other guy wins by default. sound good?
                            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Not Voodoo, not Texas,
                              To see them, he'll check six.
                              Believe what I say;
                              It shall come from the land of hay.

"Obi-Wan... wise he is!"

"Twenty-seven is my limit on schnitzengrubers!"

Comment

Working...
                              X