Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merced 47th Annual Antique Fly In. June 4 – 6, 2004

Merced 47th Annual Antique Fly In. June 4 – 6, 2004
    Collings Foundation B-24 & B-17, P-51s and a ME 109, Japanese Zero and Curtis P-40 War Hawk. Special appearance by a former Flying Tiger. Over 500 Vintage Airplanes on Display and more!

Merced Municipal Airport – Merced Calif. RV Parking Available. Information (209) 384-2791

Ken Harrison

Re: Merced 47th Annual Antique Fly In. June 4 – 6, 2004

Wow 500 airplanes? sure you didn't mean 50. Has anyone been to this show before? I'd like to see a couple of pics before I drive up there.
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Merced.
      Growing up one saw the likes of Sherm Cooper, Bob Love, and fast passes by Couches H model and Getch in his fury.

It has been a stop for many a great Friday night blow out party.

A must see.

Comment

This event typicaly attracts over 300 display aircraft and 200 aircraft in general avaition. For the warbird enthusiast. This is the first time where the Collings foundation B-17/B-24 and ME-109 (Hispano) will be together. Also note this is the only flyable ME-109 (Hispano) in North America, and second flying in the world. Mike O'leary of Challenge publication will be conducting a in flight photo shoot of this historic event along with numerous Mustangs that will be on hand. Also on hand will be Tony Banta and his P-40 ,and Bearcat along with the CAF's Japanese Zero. Clearly this is a must see event with static ,and military flybys along with other antique aircraft,vendors,and activities such as the early bird dinner on Friday night and book signings taking place.

Comment

Working...
        X