Airpower: Live Demonstration Nikon D2H Digital Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airpower: Live Demonstration Nikon D2H Digital Photos

Just finishing up down here at Nellis where I was a guest of the United States Air Force at yesterdays live firepower demonstration..

More later but here's a few shots from the day.

1.) F-15 drops bombs and flares
    2.) Buff dropping "retarded" dumb bombs and flares
    3.) Buff's "stuff" detonating on the Nevada desert floor. Note, some of the bombs hit each other on on the way down and detonate in the air.
    4.)To say that the A-10 is impressive would be a huge understatement!
    5.)Tow Blackhawk's tackle the rescue of a downed pilot in this simulation. Even though these guys were extremely photogenic and gave us some great framing, the action is difficult to capture. There were F-16's and A-10's working in harmony with the Blackhawks during this rescue! Damned impressive!
    6.)Barrrrrruuuuupppp!!!!!!! There is no way to describe how this gun sounds... maybe a bit like a top fuel dragster, as fellow shooter Jim Kippon mused during the demo.
    7.)It wouldn't be fair to say the A-10's and the Buff's stole the show but.. they were pretty darn impressive!
    8.)Simulated stinger launches against this F-15E!
    9.)I like the A-10, I really like my new Nikon D2H!!! This was my first foray with the newly acquired body and I did not have my settings dialed to exactly where I wanted them, but it's a neat camera!
    10.)The F-117 dropped a laser guided bomb and that was something!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, it was simply a wonderful experience to meet with and watch these young American's demonstrate their training mission at the Nellis Air Warfare Center's Live Fire Demonstration!
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Airpower: Live Demonstration Nikon D2H Digital Photos

Wayne,

Looks like you are putting that new camera to good use. Nice shots!

Rick

Comment

Truly Great Wayne! A rare oppurtunity to see such Fire Power. I was at a few in the Army. I compare the sound of the Gatlin Style Guns to a Hydraulic System under Stress,,,your description is right on! Did you get a Hella Big Rush? Too bad they had no Helicopter Gunships or Puff! Nice Camera too! Cobra Ray Hamlett.

Comment

Originally posted by tvrphoto
        Great job Wayne! Glad to see you were able to make to make it. I saw Nellis' Base Commander Maj. Gen. Wood at the Riverside show and regretfully turned down the invite since I would be at Andrews AFB. He was bummed to have to find a new target, but at the same time pleased that I would be no where near live ammunition.

Awesome shots, thanks for bringing it as close to reality as many of us will ever get!
        Aye mate, you missed a good one but Gen. Woods did seem happy that you were not getting your fingers in the ammo bin!

Was a hoot getting to try out the new camera beside R V M with his new 2H also... I want his 2gb card!!!!!!!

Wayne
        PS.. added a few more, a bit better processing (less, not more) on the -52 images this time.. I kind of porked the first one..
        Attached Files
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Awesome pictures Wayne, you obviously had a great time, I'm envious. Thanks for posting, and yes, the second set look much better..........Roger Cain

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Cain
            Awesome pictures Wayne, you obviously had a great time, I'm envious. Thanks for posting, and yes, the second set look much better..........Roger Cain
            Roger, thanks. I'm in the "I need a new laptop" dilema. Whenever I go anywhere, I'm stuck with a screen that just can't reproduce enough detail or color quality to see what in heck I'm doing.

Going to have to start saving for that one after the D2H purchase recently tho!

I love the Toshiba Satellite Pro series but they are just SPENDY SPENDY SPENDY! In an era when you can get a pretty good laptop for a grand, they still run nearly two!

Anyway... thanks.

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X