No announcement yet.

Seafire first flight...Seafury spyshot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafire first flight...Seafury spyshot.

Here is a link to to some pictures of the first flight of a Seafire rebuilt down in Breckenridge by Ezell Aviation.

Very cool, I hope it makes it to Oshkosh, or maybe the Heritage Trophy at Reno...then perhaps a quick lap around the pylons just for fun....

Also of interest is a sneak peak of a primered Spirit Of Texas doing chase duty...seems a racing paint scheme is in the works?

Re: Seafire first flight...Seafury spyshot.

Way cool! I think I'm in love.

One of the responders noted, "I may try to make it out to Breckenridge this next week to see some of the test flying before it goes on to Montana."

Does anyone know where in Montana the Seafire is going? Is the owner in Montana?
    SteveZ

Comment

oh sweet, a mk.47, that is really cool.

Comment

According to a friend of mine in the Texas area, the owner is James Smith of Kalispell, MT.
        ~jim

Comment

Originally posted by glider90
          Here is a link to to some pictures of the first flight of a Seafire rebuilt down in Breckenridge by Ezell Aviation.

Very cool, I hope it makes it to Oshkosh, or maybe the Heritage Trophy at Reno...then perhaps a quick lap around the pylons just for fun....

Also of interest is a sneak peak of a primered Spirit Of Texas doing chase duty...seems a racing paint scheme is in the works?

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...threadid=24080

Wow, beautiful airplane!

And Spirit of Texas is looking racy too, even in primer. IIRC she's had the "Dreadnought" style intake for a while now, but I don't remember seeing too many clear shots of it until these.

Comment

Originally posted by glider90

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...threadid=24080
            Hey Glider 90, do you fly full-scale or model gliders? If models, will I see you in Dayton at the DARTS thermal duration contest on Sunday? Here's me landing on the tape at Nationals in 2001 with my old Eclipse. Peas
            Attached Files
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Pretty awesome airplane. Can't imagine it would have been much fun putting down on a carrier with such a narrow undercarriage track.

Comment

Working...
              X