Stewardess,He's doin' it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewardess,He's doin' it again!

Well now Mr Daniels, I do have to say you do wonderful work with that set of cameras.
    ......I'd be jealous about being atn the show,'cept it's too much work (the jealousy)..
    .......the whole thing is sado-masochistic......
    .....such pleasure from seeing those pics,the pains of envy....

Thanks again for another winning spread!
    Mayday51
    Jim Gallagher

Great pictoral of the Chino show...

On an interesting note, one of the Hellcats bears the "boxing eagle" noseart of the 4th Fighter Group of the USAAF. I wonder what inspired that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
      Great pictoral of the Chino show...

On an interesting note, one of the Hellcats bears the "boxing eagle" noseart of the 4th Fighter Group of the USAAF. I wonder what inspired that one...
      Interesting observation Randy, I wonder if Wardog can get us the answer?

Wayne
      PS, saw the latest from inside the plexi of your steed.. Nice!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That's Tom Freidkin's personal emblem on most, if not all, of his aircraft.

Scotty G
        Scotty G

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty G
          That's Tom Freidkin's personal emblem on most, if not all, of his aircraft.

Scotty G
          Is he a former 4FG member?

I can see that emblem being at home on a Hurricane, Spit, Mustang, T-bolt, etc....but a Hellcat?!

Comment

Twernt nuttin Bear... I never tell em when my shots are poop and I spend a few hours getting them to look good

Seriously though, that's one of the really nice things about the digital SLR's.. you are better off underexposing shots and then correcting them later than overexposing.

Shooting in "smog" would have to be one of the most challenging things with the added setting of white balance that most of us who learned to shoot (or started to learn as in my case) with film can easily forget or not get right.

In fact, as you know, after a morning inside with Hughes Racer with flash setting, I set my camera to auto bracket to ensure that I got the exposures right, changed settings all over the place for that same reason and have about 6 copies of every angle of that airplane.. only to totally forget to change my white balance from flash to sunny... which since it was sort of overcast, would have not been totally right anyway..

It's funny, the cheapest digital cameras do a pretty good job of setting white balance automatically. The high end D1 never did a good job. I guess they figure we'll know how to do it better than the camera

When everything *is* right though.. Amazing results!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Chino picts

Not to steal all of Mark's thunder....but by the end of the evening, all the 'official' airshow pictures for The Air Museum Planes of Fame website will be uploaded for your viewing pleasure. This year we included a special tribute page to all the hard working volunteers at the show!
              And by the way Mark, it was a pleasure to finally meet you

Comment

Working...
              X