Wildcat damaged at TX airshow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcat damaged at TX airshow?

Anyone have any details about Howard Pardue's reported accident in the Wildcat at Burnet last Saturday? A friend read a little blurb about it in a local paper- HP is apparently OK, no word on the condition of the Wildcat or info on what happened.

Thought I'd ask here first.....

Re: Wildcat crash at Burnet, TX?

Originally posted by 440_Magnum
    Anyone have any details about Howard Pardue's reported accident in the Wildcat at Burnet last Saturday? A friend read a little blurb about it in a local paper- HP is apparently OK, no word on the condition of the Wildcat or info on what happened.

Thought I'd ask here first.....
    Word I got from someone in the Warbird world, HP is ok, the airplane flipped on its back, unsure if this was during an aborted take off or landing... ... no word on total damage, though, I'd suspect it didn't do the airplane any good!

I'll be at Sun-n-Fun from tomorrow thru the week, I'm sure I'll hear more, may be able to tie into some photos.. nothing for sure but, will relay what I hear when I hear it...

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

From what I have seen and heard, the plane ran off the runway on landing and flipped over. Not sure of the cause though. Howard was ok, aside from the usual scratches and bumps. The plane did not burn, but the fire department had to cut him out of the plane. I have not heard what the extent of the damage is.

kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L
        the fire department had to cut him out of the plane. I have not heard what the extent of the damage is.

kevin
        Oh man.. that's not good.. Glad HP's ok though!!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks for the updates. I looked around and there's a photo of the upside-down Wildcat in field of Texas wildflowers on the WAP message board... no more info than what y'all have though.

I'm not sure if HP is incredibly lucky or incredibly unlucky the last few years (I guess the answer is 'both') but I'm sure glad that he's OK and that it wasn't 'Fury.'

Comment

Re: Wildcat accident at burnet, TX?

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Thanks for the updates. I looked around and there's a photo of the upside-down Wildcat in field of Texas wildflowers on the WAP message board... no more info than what y'all have though.

I'm not sure if HP is incredibly lucky or incredibly unlucky the last few years (I guess the answer is 'both') but I'm sure glad that he's OK and that it wasn't 'Fury.'
            I gotta remember to LOG IN first....
            That was me. Still not too speedy with this board's tools

Comment

Re: Wildcat accident at b urnet, TX?

I gotta remember to LOG IN first....
              That was me. Still not too speedy with this board's tools
              LOL.. figured, since the IP addy was the same. I just happened to be on line, heard the email come in so I validated the unregged post..

I'd love to take that feature off but it's kept this place so peaceful!

Especially if I'm away and can't get to watching it.. we've had a few reggs because people saw that their message did not immediately appear so they signed up.. it's free, it's easy and you get to upload images...

Add events to the calendar and all sorts of goodies... even get a spamogram from the webmaster once in a great while...

Gotta fly... back to get ready..!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Wildcat damaged at TX airshow?

According to the "other" WAP posts, the brakes faded in a crosswind landing and the 'Cat went of the side of the runway. Good thing about Howard, he always gets back on the horse!
                Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Re: Wildcat accident at Burnet, TX?

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  I'd love to take that feature off but it's kept this place so peaceful!

Wayne
                  I don't mind it. Its just that the board lets you go through the whole "reply" process- composing through sending- without strongly reminding you that you aren't logged in. Other boards I've seen send you straight to a login page when you hit "reply" to a post, but frankly I like the other features on this board better. As long as I can REMEMBER to go to the upper right and log in before composing my reply everything's great.

Comment

Dan Vanarsdall sent me the link if anyone is interested. There aren't much details, mostly about the airshow that wasn't. About the best news is Howard is okay. Here is the link for the picture, http://www.lonestar-mvpa.org/images/2004/04brntu.JPG and the link for the story http://www.lonestar-mvpa.org/events/2004/04_b urnet.htm and that is all I have for now. If I hear anything else, I'll mention it. Looks like there will be people who will find out more before I do though.
                    Cheers, Bill
                    Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Re: Wildcat accident at b urnet, TX?

I don't mind it. Its just that the board lets you go through the whole "reply" process- composing through sending- without strongly reminding you that you aren't logged in. Other boards I've seen send you straight to a login page when you hit "reply" to a post, but frankly I like the other features on this board better. As long as I can REMEMBER to go to the upper right and log in before composing my reply everything's great.

Yea, bout the only way I can think of to get to do it that way is to set all posts to reg only and we've not wanted to do that. So now, unregged goes into a bin, either I or one of the "two Randys" check it and it gets "validated" or trashed if it's a baddie.. there have been no random "shots in the dark" since the inception of this method.. So, in that sense, it is working.

Most message systems today are reg only to post. For the reason that too many people can't resist farting in a dark room

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Somehow an extra space keeps creeping into that second URL. Try cutting and pasting in the address bar of your browser and deleting the space in 'b urnet'.

Howard's "Right rear brake" locked up? Does the Wildcat have more wheels than I thought (or more brakes per wheel)?
                        SteveZ

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo Hotel
                          Somehow an extra space keeps creeping into that second URL. Try cutting and pasting in the address bar of your browser and deleting the space in 'b urnet'.

What is the deal with that, anyway? I assume I just typed an extra space in the original subject line, but every time I've replied I've deliberately FIXED the space in the title, but the space comes back. Does the board software think "Burnet" is a dirty word or something?

Burnet, Burnet, Burnet.... durn it.

(I'll be really amused if those all come through with spaces in them....)

Comment

b urnet, b urnet, b urnet.... durn it.

(I'll be really amused if those all come through with spaces in them....)
                            OK, I thought that was going to be a joke.... That's just plain wierd.

Comment

burnet I say!
                              ECVSteve
                              E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
                              Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Working...
                              X