"Southern Cross" Hawker Sea Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Southern Cross" Hawker Sea Fury

Just a quick note to say hi. I bought "Southern Cross" last fall and it's now at Nelson Ezell's shop getting cleaned up. Nothing major, but she has not been loved in a few years and Nelson is helping sort her out.

My plan is to fly her this year and get to know her. Stew Dawson is giving me my checkout (if the FAA ever get's this new Experimental Type Rating thing figured out), and at this point I plan on bringing the plane to Reno this year with he and Nelson. There's no way I can be ready to race this year, but I imagine I'll be there for 2005.

Anyway, nice to see this board supports racing throughout the year.

Steve Patterson
    Sea Fury FB Mk. 11
    "Southern Cross"
    Attached Files

Re: "Southern Cross" Hawker Sea Fury

Mr. Patterson,

Congratulations on your fine purchase! I am very glad to hear that Southern Cross will be back at Reno. If it is not too much trouble, drop us a note from time to time on the progress. Here's to seeing you in 2004, and best of luck in 2005.

Bill Pearce
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Sigh. If only the dot com stock market boom had lasted a little bit longer... I was looking at this airplane with a partner and had figued out we could have swung it, but then the bottom fell out of the stock market...

Of course, I could have bought it and then had the market drop which would have left my daughter and me eating PB&J and Top Ramen for the foreseeable future to keep the Sea Fury fed. I guess I'll stick to the biplanes for a while.
      Jeff Lo
      Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
      Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Hello Mr. Patterson: Welcome.

Congratulations on a great purchase. I've been watching and enjoying this airplane since George first brought it to Reno 15 years? ago, It's always been a pleasure and it'll be great to see it return. Keep an eye on this board -- I'll try to scan and post some shots of it at Reno this week.

Neal Nurmi

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinLo
          Sigh. If only the dot com stock market boom had lasted a little bit longer... I was looking at this airplane with a partner and had figued out we could have swung it, but then the bottom fell out of the stock market...

Of course, I could have bought it and then had the market drop which would have left my daughter and me eating PB&J and Top Ramen for the foreseeable future to keep the Sea Fury fed. I guess I'll stick to the biplanes for a while.
          Jeff, nice to see you on this board. I think you may be familiar with my L-39, as it used to be Thumper's ride.

See you at Reno...

Steve Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Jeff, nice to see you on this board. I think you may be familiar with my L-39, as it used to be Thumper's ride.

See you at Reno...

Steve Patterson
            Ah yes, I've got about an hour in that one. Now Thumper races a sailboat. PM me with an email address, I've probably got some photos of your L-39 I could send you.
            Jeff Lo
            Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
            Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Working...
            X